Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Monster Attack Whisper rolls

Edited 1523828427
KenB
Pro
I'm having a problem with Monster rolls showing up as being whispered for some monsters and visible in chat for other monsters.   Am I doing something wrong?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Which way would you like it to work?  Probably you have a bunch of existing content that is set one way, but you've changed the game settings defaults and created more?  Or possibly brought more in from an Addon which are different?  There is a button on the settings tab that lets you re-apply defaults, though I've not used it very much and I'm not quite sure if it can fix your situation completely.

Edited 1524072380
KenB
Pro
The problem seems to only effect attack rolls.  I'll give the defaults tab a try and let you know if it works.  
I've been doing further research on my problem with Monster attack rolls.  I used Storm King's Thunder and Curse of Strahd to find out why some Monster attack rolls are whispered and some are not.  I checked high level and low level monsters from each module. I found that all monster attack rolls I checked were visible to all in Curse of Strahd and only the Goblin was visible to all.  Every other monster I checked, the attack rolls were all whispered.  I've checked the compendium and all the game settings I could and I can find nothing that explains this.  Something has changed in SKT but I can't find out what it is.  Can anyone help me figure this out?