Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Slow performance on Large Screens

Hi devs, I'm running a 27" mac with retina screen and when I make the page full screen for max view as a DM the general response time of the whole app is extraordinarily slow. I'm obviously answering my own question because when I shrink the viewing window to about 50% of the screen size it performs like it should, fast, responsive and great. My question is this, is there a way I can modify the performance settings so I can scale down performance or make more of the image items on the CDN more localised on my desktop or are you possibly releasing a plugin supporting application that can take some weigh off the WebGL (if that's what it is?) in order to utalise a large screen size? If there is a general no, for other's reading this that are interested from experiencing the same issues, I now run at 50% screen size and pop out all the monsters, handouts and character sheets as separate windows and it seems to perform fine.
Are you using Google Chrome? I had some massive performance issues that started several weeks ago (also using a 27" mac) about the time that the new Video & Voice Web RTC update was released. Someone suggested I switch browsers to Firefox Quantum, which I did, and it solved most of the performance issues I had. I'm not a huge fan of Firefox, so for me it's not the best solution, but I haven't gotten any updates from the Devs or read anything about the issue. For now, it's a workable solution. You could try that and see if it works!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you do run into problems with Firefox, try turning off autocomplete. That can cause slowdowns while trying to enter data into a character sheet field.
Jake said: Are you using Google Chrome? I had some massive performance issues that started several weeks ago (also using a 27" mac) about the time that the new Video & Voice Web RTC update was released. Someone suggested I switch browsers to Firefox Quantum, which I did, and it solved most of the performance issues I had. I'm not a huge fan of Firefox, so for me it's not the best solution, but I haven't gotten any updates from the Devs or read anything about the issue. For now, it's a workable solution. You could try that and see if it works! SAME ISSUE!