Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[DND5E] Permadeath Dungeon Crawl Via Twitch. Weds 18th @ 830pm EST

Got a weird but hopefully very fun event coming up. We got 3 players together for a deadly dungeon delving deathmatch through the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, of course graciously provided by the roll20 marketplace, and using roll20 as its engine. Why emphasize the deadliness and alliteration so much you ask? Well, because the game is permadeath. Usually during dungeon crawl type games if you die you can roll up fresh characters and continue as long as you have a suitably shaky reason to continue. In this game, presented more as a “contestants in a deadly game show" format, death will mean being booted from the game permanently upon death. As they die in game, so will they symbolically be dead to their companions and the audience. The dungeon itself is scaled to be more deadly than it already is. And we added the “plot twist deck” for additional complications. If it's fun or gets popular well keep going and do a different dungeon next time, with the survivors and newly recruited party members from our audience. Well be broadcasting on Twitch, using discord to chat, and hopefully importing to YouTube when it's done. Any twitch viewers that follow will get to vote on and decide critical successes and failures as long as they are mechanically fair, no matter how ridiculous. New followers to the channel will get to request a new plot twist card to be drawn, which adds additional story, benefits, and deadliness to the crawl. Any questions can be posted here! Be glad to answer. Otherwise I'll see you tomorrow! Twitch.tv/ferninjitsu
New to twitch so Ill just post here my interest in permadeath.  I would like to participate.  Used to be on camera and playing characters that only last for the scripted amount of time! Er, I mean theater and film. Pretty good at 5e, but very xp'd in all versions (except the 4th...no one owns up to that now do they?)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
No edition wars on our forums.  :P :)