Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP for Yakuza Themed Game Fridays at 1 p.m. CST

We're using the Basic Roleplaying system and the setting is Tokyo in 1983.  This was a game that was played around a year ago for half a dozen sessions or so.  We've just restarted but have lost a couple of players and are looking to refill our ranks with one or two people.  We are into heavy role playing and joke around a lot during our sessions.  We can be quite silly, and things tend to not be very P.C. So far we have extorted a KFC CEO who was a pedophile, have taken over an orphanage run by the Chinese Triad which was trafficking these poor children and turned it into a proper school (where we train a small percentage of children possessing the right qualities as future Yakuza), taken over and changed the club (which we now could use someone to run) that was a meeting spot for this prostitution, and have run the Triad out of town--for the time being at least. My character's father is the oyabun of our clan, but he is terminally ill and there is a power struggle to replace him.  My character is in direct competition with his older half-brother but, at the same time, we have been attacked by another Yakuza clan so we may need to band together to survive.  Technically my character is "the boss" of the other PCs, but I generally let other people do their own thing.  I'm kind of like a sub GM who gives job opportunities at times, while keeping my character's hands clean.  For instance, my character has an interest to get in on this new Nintendo thing.  I leave it to you guys to make the plan for acquiring a stake in the company.  Maybe they need investment money but don't quite understand who they're getting into business with, maybe you take out their competitor and/or steal their technology, find a way to extort or blackmail the Nintendo founders, or anything else you might think of.   If interested, PM me.
We can still use another person or two.
We now have a pro wrestler/accountant.  We could use one more person.