Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFGM] Two experienced players looking for LGBT+ D&D GM

Edited 1524884253
So, a friend and I are looking for a D&D group to join. We're both queer, and would prefer a group of other queer people. We'd need a DM and at least one other player. I tend to play tanks, but I also have a witch character in the wings if the DM is cool with homebrew classes; my friend is pretty flexible and can fill any role we might need. We'd also prefer a relatively serious campaign, using 5e. We're both pretty regularly available, and would prefer weekly sessions. We are also both experienced D&D players. Thanks for reading! Edit: Thanks to all the people who'd like to join the group, we are now simply seeking a DM to run the game for us! If you're interested/able to run a serious campaign weekly for up to 6 players (the current number of people, including my friend and I, who have expressed interest in joining our group), please leave a reply below!
Is d&d a dealbreaker?
JoJo said: I might have the perfect campaign for you! I pm'd you. It was great to talk to you, sorry it won't work out! Teller said: Is d&d a dealbreaker? I'm not sure - what system do you use? I'll check with my friend and see what they say.
I have an established group on Saturdays switching to Numenera in the next couple of weeks, and I'm establishing a Sunday game of supers probably using the AMP rules (but not the AMP settng).
So, D&D isn't a deal breaker. My question now is about having access to the rules - I don't have copies of either ruleset, and money is a little tight. Is access going to be an issue here?
Very likely not. Both systems are easy to play. Numenera has ample online resources to help, and AMP is pretty easy to work with just a character sheet, except for one bit I can work others thru. Later, if you're super into Numenera, they have a pretty cheap player's book, which is just the player stuff from the core. And if not, its doable without.
I should have added before, the Saturday game is a long standing group of mine that's very LGBT friendly - historically more LGBT than not, though at the moment it's not. The game we're playing is new, and the roster of players will change. Two of that group are staying in my Monday Blue Rose, but the Saturday slot wasn't working out. The change is roster is a large part of the reason we're prepping a new game. For the Sunday, I plan to be just as LGBT friendly. The ad I put here specifies that. But it's a new game I'm trying to put together with new players, so we'll see. Though I'm pretty aggressive about enforcing the "don't be a dick" rule, so someone will generally only be intolerant once and then we won't see that person again.
I am definitely interested, I'm just waiting to hear back from my friend on what they think. I will let you know as soon as I hear from them! Thank you so much!
So, just talked to my friend, and we'd like to join the new group forming on Sundays, if you've still got space for us!
Here is a lot more information for you: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/112845/delta-fa" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/112845/delta-fa</a>... :)
If you need another player for anything id love to join, im gay so Im looking for a group that doesnt mind me playing gay characters.
We'd love to have you join us, should we find a campaign!
I would also be very interested!!! I am queer and trans and would love to play with other LGBT+ folks! I am a complete newbie though so I would definitely need some help if there is room for me let me know please :) Thank you
Looks like we just need a DM and a campaign if you join us, too!
I would love to!!! I'm always up for more queer people in my life!!!!!!! haha I am brand new to D&D though I just created my first character for another campaign I just joined and it was super fun!!
Character creation is one of my favorite parts! My other part is when the DM takes the trauma I lovingly handcrafted for my characters and makes it a million times more painful. Love that.
yeah It was really hard to figure out all the nuances of the character creation tbh but it was super fun for sure!!! would you want to make a discord server or something for the people who want to play once we have a dm and everything???
Playing queer characters is always the best part, aside from rping, engaging stories and backstories which impact the plot, and a general sense of enjoyment. Playing all of that PLUS queer characters is the absolute best.
So...I've been considering getting my DM feet wet if you're open to a virgin DM.&nbsp; I would most likely get a module from the Roll20 Store so everything is as prepared as possible, but you can expect mistakes and lots of looking crap up in the book.&nbsp; :D&nbsp; If you're tolerant of that, what day/time are you thinking?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Dylan M. said: Edit: Thanks to all the people who'd like to join the group, we are now simply seeking a DM to run the game for us! If you're interested/able to run a serious campaign weekly for up to 6 players (the current number of people, including my friend and I, who have expressed interest in joining our group), please leave a reply below! Wandering mod edited your title to reflect your changed needs :)
GenKitty said: Wandering mod edited your title to reflect your changed needs :) Many thanks to the wandering mod! :) Jesse R. said: So...I've been considering getting my DM feet wet if you're open to a virgin DM.&nbsp; I would most likely get a module from the Roll20 Store so everything is as prepared as possible, but you can expect mistakes and lots of looking crap up in the book.&nbsp; :D&nbsp; If you're tolerant of that, what day/time are you thinking? So long as you've got a healthy respect for the rules and will listen to player feedback, we'd be happy to have you! We're thinking probably Sundays at some point, but we're open to other days, as we're both pretty regularly available. We're thinking of hosting it via Discord, if you're open to that? Micah S. said: yeah It was really hard to figure out all the nuances of the character creation tbh but it was super fun for sure!!! would you want to make a discord server or something for the people who want to play once we have a dm and everything??? Yeah, we'll probably wind up using a Discord server once we've got everyone on board. I'll set it up and private message it to everyone who's shown interest so far, given Jesse's willingness to give it a try.
I'd definitely want to use Discord.&nbsp; Roll20 voice is flaky and the lack of push to talk in Skype is annoying.&nbsp; I do have a regular game Sunday nights already though.&nbsp; I could do Sunday afternoons if that's an option for you guys.
I would totally be open to having a new dm :) I Already have a game I play saturday nights and a Cthulhu game I play thursdays, but any week night other than that or sunday could potentially work for me!!!

Edited 1525123319
I might be interested in DMing or playing, i'm not sure of my schedule at the moment, but would be happy to talk to you about it!&nbsp;