Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can only move objects created with the free hand tool with they are in groups. Cannot just click 1 thing and move it.

So I just created some general shapes with the free hand tool and I've put them on the Maps layer. Then when I go to the maps layer and use the select tool to try and move them it only brings up the blue box to select them and even when they are selected it just keeps bringing up the blue box to select them again. However when I move the blue box to select 2 things, it allows me to move both shapes. All I'm trying to do is move 1 thing at a time not 2. It there something I'm just not getting?
The selection square will select any line it intersects, so it easily selects groups.  If you click on one line/path only, without dragging so without getting the square, can you select that line/path alone?  If so, you can drag that line/path by clicking on it, not the blue handles, and dragging it, not the blue handles.  (If you click on the blue handles, it should resize the line, not move it.)