Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Small D&D 5e Group Looking for 1 More

Edited 1524626449
EDIT: We have found our player for now, thank you for all the applications! I can't reply to all of them but I am saving them in case I ever need to find new players for another game. Good luck to all of you! Hey there! I've got a small group that could use a 4th player and would like to see if anyone is interested here. We recently lost a player and that brought us down to only having 2 players (plus DM), so we're reaching out to try to fill up the party a bit more. You would be joining a currently Level 10 homebrew campaign loosely set in Faerun, alongside another new recruit (so don't be too intimidated!). We are a decent chunk of the way through the story, but there's still plenty more story left to enjoy, so rest assured you'll have plenty of playtime ahead of you! This campaign is run through Discord and Roll20. Being active on Discord even outside of sessions is a must! The basic premise of the plot revolves around the sun; specifically, how it ceased to rise one morning, and now the adventurers are in a race against time to try to figure out why, how, and how to undo this calamity before the world freezes over and dies. The party currently consists of a changeling bard, a high elf bladesinger, and our newest addition, a half-orc Life cleric, as well as some NPCs including a fighter/sorcerer, an Illithid wizard, a flumph, and an absolutely adorable galeb duhr wearing a snowman sweater. His name is Slab and we would die for him. If all of this sounds interesting to you, then please check out what we're looking for in the list below, and apply if you think you'd be a good fit! Requirements/What We're Looking For: Flexible (at least somewhat) schedule. The campaign's official time is scheduled for Friday nights, starting between 10:30 or 11:30pm EST, and typically ending anywhere from 2am to 3am or beyond . As you can see, we're night owls, but you don't have to be so long as your timezone lines up! However, something to note is that we do sometimes enjoying having bonus sessions , aka playing more than once a week, often somewhat spontaneously . The more nights in a week that you're free, the more appealing you look! (Unless you knock us out of the park with everything else, then we're willing to adjust a bit.) Open-mindedness. Although small, we are a diverse group and do not tolerate any sort of bigotry whatsoever. LGBT+ friendliness is a must, and no IRL racism is tolerated (though in-game fantasy racism does still apply, i.e. elves vs dwarves, half-orc stigmas, etc). General creepiness falls under this category too. If we suspect you might cause any issues with this section, we won't hesitate to kick you. The comfort of our players is important to us! Enthusiasm and friendliness. Pretty obvious, but we want someone who is friendly and also enthusiastic about playing D&D! Someone who loves roleplaying*, character building & development, is a good team player, and like, actually playing the game. If you're super hyped about D&D , like, all the time, then we're the group for you! *By roleplaying, I just mean sticking to your character; none of us are voice actors, and definitely don't expect the same from you. Also, two of us are avid text RPers, so if you're into that then you'll be able to foster that as well! Experience playing tabletop, OR willingness to put in the effort and learn. Ideally we would like someone who has experience with tabletop, specifically 5e, but if you show that you're super eager to learn and put in the effort to read the books and be taught, then we'll still consider you! Our other new player is brand new to tabletop as well, so it's not out of the question if you're new! Good balance between humor and seriousness. We are by no means a hardcore, super serious D&D group. We enjoy good jokes both in and out of game, good humor, friendly teasing, etc. We love a good laugh, but we also value the ability to take things seriously when the time comes and focus on the game, especially if it's a dramatic part. We also tend to handwave or tweak rules a lot ("rule of cool"), so if you're a hardcore rules stickler this probably isn't the game for you. This is by and large a lighthearted group.  Please don't be intimidated by this big wall of text, we just want to be thorough so you know exactly what you're getting yourself into here! We're all super friendly and are just really hoping to find someone who'll be a good fit not just for the game, but for the group as well (aka potential new friend hype). If you're a friendly, chill person who loves D&D and roleplaying and you like what you see here, please shoot me a PM telling me a bit about yourself! Disclaimer: This campaign can and does have NSFW themes/jokes. Never anything explicit in-game, but still mature content, and therefore players must be 18+. Thank you!
Hey Kayla, I'm interested in joining your amazing band of travelers.  Name: Ronak Age: 21 Availability: MWFSSu Evenings (I'm in California so PST) Experience: I've never been a part of a campaign, but I've become extremely interested recently. Been watching Critical Role and even went out and purchased and read the entire PHB. Although I have no prior experience with D&D, I have experience and enjoy roleplaying. To complement my recent addiction with all things D&D related I am also a quick learner and willing to spend extra time to ensure I do not hold up the party. Character: Since this will be my first D&D campaign and I have no prior experience I would love to create my first character with the DM. I am open to play any class/role. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Hey there, I wont write to much. Finding a nice group here can be exhausting enough :P My name is Erwin, 26 and I am from Germany. Speaking english is not a problem as long as you don't mind explaining one or two fantasy terms. I play DnD 5e for years now, so starting at lv10 would be no problem for me. Even starting at 1 if you want it that way would be fine for me. Kind of like a starting side kick. I would say I am a, as you call it, lighthearted person. But I still want to have players around me that at least really understand how this game goes to have a smooth gaming experience. Of course new players as your new recruit in the team is just fine, but as you say, they should be willing to learn :) Putting some effort in this game is part of the fun for me. With that the enthusiasm comes for me and I am always eager to see how the story and the characters develop. I got plenty of time right now so time should be no issue at all and I use discord on my android as well, so being spontanous is quite easy to achieve. I am gay myself, so the lgbt and tolerance thing should be no big deal. One question though: Are the NPC's sticking around 24/7, are they played by the PC's or is that your task? Looking at your group so far I'd propably go for a fighter/paladin/barb, but I am free to talk about a character in discord or whatsoever. So, if there is any question feel free to contact me here or at discord. My discord name is Ira#1104. I'd be happy to hear from you, even if the slot is filled already. Cheers, Erwin
My name is Jenni! I am looking for a game to join and will be available almost anytime as long as its that late at night. I might be a few minutes late depending when rehearsals are over. So, the later the better! I love D&D and was super sad when my group just stopped playing. You all sound like cool people and I believe this will be a great opportunity. Name: Jenni (or Aerie) Age: 21 Availability: anytime as long as its late. CST Experience: I've played and Dmed 5e and played Pathfinder. I only have a few months experience but I tend to pick things up fairly quickly. I think your homebrew campaign sounds very interesting and something I would really enjoy! Character: I would like to play an elven druid if that is okay. Her name is Aurora. She is very in tune with nature and most of her spells are based on the elements. Where as she's a heavy magic user, She does not like to be sidelined in battle. She will take the front lines if it means protecting her friends. She is usually sweet and a bit timid. When she gets mad, she can be a firecracker though. (Her companion is dependant on what you prefer but it's usually a constrictor snake named nagini.)