Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[ 5e ] DM Macros stopped Working

All, When starting my build for the campaign I am running I was using the 5e OGL character sheets but then discovered that my players wanted to use the Shaped Sheets instead, and replaced the sheet selection in my existing build. Earlier, I had built and tested all the DM macros and action macros for the monsters .   Everything worked until I switched sheets and the PC's started making character sheets. For example when attempting to issue the following action macro for an NPC monster: %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} I get the following error: When I try to use macros like the following on PC Tokens: @{selected|wtype}&{template:default} {{name=Ability Score for @{selected|character_name}}} {{?{Ability Score | Strength, Strength +@{selected|strength_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|strength_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] - [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|strength_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] | Dexterity, Dexterity +@{selected|dexterity_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|dexterity_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] - [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|dexterity_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] | Constitution, Constitution +@{selected|constitution_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|constitution_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] - [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|constitution_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] | Intelligence, Intelligence +@{selected|intelligence_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|intelligence_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] - [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|intelligence_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] | Wisdom, Wisdom +@{selected|wisdom_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|wisdom_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] - [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|wisdom_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] | Charisma, Charisma +@{selected|charisma_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|charisma_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] - [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|charisma_mod}@{selected|jack_bonus}]] }}} I get the following error: I tried troubleshooting this a bit and came across this post thinking that perhaps the problem wasn't with the spreadsheet switch-over and may have had to do with the fact that none of the players had their PC's linked in the token stats as discussed in the linked post.  I just went in and made sure that all of the PC's weren't in mook mode.  Currently all players are linked to their character sheets, but I'm also seeing the issue that after I assign the "red, green,  and blue" variables in the token menu that none of thee values remain saved.  The documented errors above taken after that initial first troubleshooting step, but the problem seems the same - targeted macros aren't working for me for PC's and NPC's alike. Any advice on next steps?  Really hoping I don't have to start the build process all over again.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Macros for OGL are not compatible with Shaped.  However, you might find the Shaped companion api script’s ability to make token actions replaces the need for custom macros. 
Fair enough. Thanks again  Aaron.