Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Marketplace EULA questions in regards to using assets for a commercial Youtube videos

Edited 1524374469
Hello! The point of this whole post is to know if I can use assets from the marketplace for a commercial Youtube videos(There will be ads on the videos and a Patreon page eventually). In the  market place EULA section 3.5 it says: "-you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell any Asset that you have acquired from the Marketplace for any purpose." 1) Does using the assets in a commercial Youtube video count as reproduction or duplication? In section 3.8 it says: "You agree that you will not, and will not allow any third party to, copy, sell, license, distribute, transfer, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Assets, unless otherwise permitted, " 2) Does using the assets in a commercial Youtube video count as distribution or "prepare derivative works from"? 3)Am I covered by Fair Use? Thanks!
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hi T.S. and thanks for asking and going about this properly. In general you'll probably want to email us directly on such matters, and you can do so via <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> Short answer - You may not use art you don't own commercial rights to for commercial purposes. Longer answer - One of our top concerns is protecting artists and their rights. One of our core missions is to change the culture that undervalues artists, and that pressures them to undervalue themselves. All content you purchase on the marketplace is for personal use only. If you plan to use an artists' content to make money for yourself without their permission, you are violating their rights, and therefore our policy. I recommend contacting any artist whose work you wish to use for commercial purposes and asking for written permission or to buy a commercial license.&nbsp; Thanks for asking before running ahead with this. I'm sure many artists would be interested in discussing commercial use with you in a way that is fair to them. Good luck!
Hey Dean, Thanks for the email, I couldn't find that anywhere. Thanks for clarify this for me, this is all very good to know.