Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Damage Rolls on Spell/Abilities Entries

I'm pretty new to macros in general, so I don't know if i'm just missing something obvious or not here, but when ever i try to put a damage roll into a spell listing's damage field this [[ /roll 8d6 ]] it malfunctions. in the chat i receive this error. Just wondering if there's an obvious mistake that i'm not noticing with what I've done.

Edited 1524414142
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not familiar with that character sheet, but... [[ ]] is the syntax of an inline roll, you should not  have /roll  inside of that. Just [[8d6]] should do what you want. Edit: also as a tip, /roll only works at the start of a line, so would never be valid in this kind of situation.
I think G G means that you should NOT have /roll inside the [[ ]].
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes, oops! Edited. Or, to use the Keith approach: that's what i said all along. Look at my post, it does not lie!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just to add to whats been said; on the PF community sheet, we've included a superscript footnote "a,b,c, or d" on the fields name.  Refer to the footer of the sheet for an explination on what's allowed for a given input.
Alright, that did the trick. Thanks for the help. I figured it was just a case of me not knowing what i was doing.