Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is Roll20 able to play solo?

What I mean by solo is I want to use the mapping ability the players see on a second monitor from the computer I DM from.  I am thinking of using an unused 35" flat screen TV in a cradle facing up on the table.  I would put Plexiglas over the top and the players can put their figurines on the Plexiglas using as a battle board. So none of the players would be logging in to play because they all come to my house to play on this cool new came aid.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Our group uses a tv with plexiglass and minis laid flat on the gaming table(we fabricated a simple stand for this) to show maps, handouts, images, etc. This may help:  Using Roll20 while Playing In-Person
That is exactly what I was looking for.  Was hoping I could do it with just one computer but I can live with using two.   Thank you kindly for the reply
It can be done with 1 computer if you duel screen, i've done something similar trying to stream having 2 browsers open and logged in to my account one in the normal gm view and the other rejoined as player
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Kirv Goldblade said: It can be done with 1 computer if you duel screen, i've done something similar trying to stream having 2 browsers open and logged in to my account one in the normal gm view and the other rejoined as player You should use chrome for one view and firefox for the other. This eliminates the possiblity of the wrong view showing up on the off chance of an accidental browser refresh.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can also use a private browsing window for one log in.
I may try the dual browsers. I was wondering if that might work.
The two browser windows worked perfectly.   We had a great game Sunday on a digital batlleboard.  Thanks for the suggestion, and now those that can't make it in person can still play.