Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rolling Nested Tables

Edited 1524532009
In a macro Is there a way for a table result to autoroll another table? Character rolls on [[ 1t[Gift Table] ]] Common = [[ 1t[Item-Table1] ]] Uncommon = [[ 1t[Item-Table2] ]] Rare = [[ 1t[Item-Table3] ]] Legendary = [[ 1t[Item-Table4] ]] And just spit out the end result? Is there a way? Thanks

Edited 1524534346
So, you can make a dice roll, for example /roll 1d20 You can also make a dice roll from dice rolls, for example /roll ( [[1d6]]d[[2d8]] ) So if you can do something similar with tables, your first table could spit out the table type for your second roll Alternatively, you could simply have one table, with the full listed outputs of all 4 sub-tables in it, and weight each result appropriately to give the right distribution.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Easiest is with an API script, a Pro subscriber perk.  There’s a post a few months ago with a way of doing it based on naming the results of the first table as numbers and using those numbers as table names for the second tier of tables. I don’t remember exactly the technique but that should be enough to find it by or duplicate it (or maybe someone else can find a link...).
Alternatively, you could simply have one table, with the full listed outputs of all 4 sub-tables in it, and weight each result appropriately to give the right distribution. Yeah that is preferrable. But I didn't make the tables. Just trying to help the GM by creating useful better tables. :) Wish players did have the capacity to make tables. Or even share Macros with the GM.
The Aaron said: Easiest is with an API script, a Pro subscriber perk.  As a lowly player I don't have this privilege. There’s a post a few months ago with a way of doing it based on naming the results of the first table as numbers and using those numbers as table names for the second tier of tables. I don’t remember exactly the technique but that should be enough to find it by or duplicate it (or maybe someone else can find a link...). Yeah, I found that post. Confused the hell out of me. I am probably trying to do advanced things, but it seems I always jump in the deep end. Thanks