Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Help]API Sandbox not running

Hi. Looking to debug this issue. I was making maps in my game and the API was working fine. All of a sudden they no longer work and looking at the sandbox, it isnt running. Please let me know what I should do o.o Best,
I'm having the same issue. From what I've seen in previous forum posts this is a problem with something on Roll20's end of things. A server issue or something similar. Maybe one of the more experienced Roll20 users can chime in? Though I'd say just give it some time and check in now and again to test your scripts. If it is a Roll20 issue the API should begin working again soon.
API scripts just plain stopped for me. :O

Edited 1524620817
Seeing a similar problem here. Unexpected stop with no obvious solution. edit: Different browser; deleted all scripts; API restart...
Mhmm, dropped my scripts, reloaded them. Even went so far as to make a copy, no avail.
Yeah like I said, it's something on their end from the looks of it. Nothing to be done except wait since whatever's wrong is stopping all API activity. I tried adding new scripts, disabling all my old ones, deleting them all and re-adding them, etc. Even tested scripts on a brand new game. Just looks like entire API is down right now.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I've verified it won't run in my games either.
Same issue here in all of my games :-(

Edited 1524623200
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We believe we've resolved the issue. Please let us know if you're still having problems with your API sandbox.
API scripts are working now, thank you so much for resolving!! :)
Working fine for me as well. Thank you very much!
Yay! I have it working - hope its working for everyone else. Thanks R20 for getting this resolved so quickly
Does not seem to be working for me.  I have checked all the different games I have that use API - can't get past "Previous shutdown complete, starting up..."
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Are you just checking the API page, or are you also loading the game?  The API Sandbox won't spin up if no one is actually in the VTT when you save a script.
Yes - I am in the game at the moment, but not working.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.. if you want to PM me an invite and GM me, I can come take a look.
The scripts in all my games have stopped working since Weds. (our last game) They haven't been modified in a long time, just 5e status script by roll20, calendar script, theyve ran forever. Tried restarting the sandbox, etc. but they dont seem to work in any of the games.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This seems to be affecting several users. Lets consolidate discussions into this thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6329780/stuck-at-restarting-sandbox-due-to-script-changes-dot-dot-dot" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6329780/stuck-at-restarting-sandbox-due-to-script-changes-dot-dot-dot</a>