Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding 'Status Indicators'

I have searched the posts, and a lot regarding this are years old. So I am hoping there may have been some advancement since: I was wondering if it is now possible to use a Macro - to add a 'Status Indicator' to a @{Selected|target_token} Thanks
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi James. As far as I know there is not yet a built-in macro command for adding status indicators. It is easy to do with TokenMod API script, which is a feature Pro subscribers can install. With token-mod the command is like this: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|blue|green|red|padlock|broken-shield <a href="https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter#api" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter#api</a>

Edited 1524641898
Thanks Gold for your reply. So this is not possibly for a player to activate then? It would be great as a player to cast a spell and attach a status condition to it. Maybe something the developers can look at.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James said: Thanks Gold for your reply. So this is not possibly for a player to activate then? It would be great as a player to cast a spell and attach a status condition to it. Maybe something the developers can look at. If your GM is a Pro subscriber and installs TokenMod, it is possible. If not, it isn't.
Jakob said: f your GM is a Pro subscriber and installs TokenMod, it is possible. If not, it isn't. Ok, my GM is. The question is, if he installs the TokenMod (Which he will NO idea how to do). Do I make the macro? Would you have any examples of what needs to be done? Thanks
Gold
Forum Champion
TokenMod is one of the easy ones to install. It is already in the "One-Click" installer for Roll20 API scripts. The GM just goes: Game Management Page &gt; Settings &gt; API Scripts &gt; Roll20 API Script Library &gt; choose TokenMod in the list &gt; Add Script button. Once that's done, a player (you) can make a macro like the example token-mod macro I posted earlier in the script. There are more examples in some of the TokenMod documentation and on the forums too if more references would help with understanding the choices.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Basically, macros are "read-only" as applied to character sheets and tokens. To effect a change upon a character sheet or toke requires the API. Therefore, it is unlikely that the ability to do what you describe with a bare macro will become available in the foreseeable future.