Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Curse of Strahd includes everything??

Does the Curse of Strahd include everything you need to run it? Maps, all creature tokens, handouts including character maps, instructions on using dynamic lighting, how to use the decks? Is there anything I’ll have to add besides players?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It includes everything from the module, all set up conveniently in Roll20.  The text content of the book is spread across many handouts that are all cross linked (Want to know what a mentioned NPC is like, click their name.  Want to see details on a location, click where it's mentioned, etc). Roll20 specific features, like Dynamic Lighting, are not explicitly documented as part of the module, but are fully set up.  Documentation on Roll20 specific features is on the wiki, or you can post questions on the forum. Note that while the module is setup for Dynamic Lighting, you won't be able to take advantage of it without a subscription that supports it (Plus or Pro).   However, if you choose to subscribe at some later point, it will automatically be active in the games you've created from the module.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Further, it includes both the Isometric classic style maps and the Roll20 exclusive top down maps.  All maps are set up with encounter tokens, notes etc.  All creatures are fully stat'ed and setup on the OGL 5e Character Sheet.  Magic Items, player Information, etc all set up as handouts.  Starter Characters created.  If you've already read the module, you could likely be up and playing in a few minutes, particularly if you're already familiar with Roll20's interface.  (If you aren't, I recommend going through the tutorial)
Thank you for your quick response! I’m familiar with running games, I just haven’t lately, and they were all self-created. Never purchased a module before. I’ll make sure I get my pro subscription back so I can use the dynamic lighting. Haven’t used that feature in a couple years. Just wanting something “plug and play” to reduce the amount of work as a DM. I gave up my last DM game because it was too much work while I went back to college. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No problem. =D
Another question... Are the items included with this module usable in other games? Like the decks and tokens? Or are they only usable within this module? Is it the same for all modules? Does the content go into my library to be used at any time?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
With a Free Account, you can use the content in another game by basing that game on the Module.  With a Pro Subscription, you can use the Transmogrifier to copy content from an existing game based on a Module into another existing game (which may or may not be based on a module).  The content does not become part of your User Library, though you could download various graphics and upload them to it. This is the behavior of all Modules. 
Aaron, thank you again! You've been so very helpful. I've never purchased a module before, just token packs, so didn't know how that worked. What do you mean by "download various graphics"? Can I download images from my roll20 content to my computer?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You can!  The easiest way is to select it on the map, then press ‘Z’ to view it and then right click it and save the image. 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
But remember that any content you upload from your computer counts against your storage quota also.
Does the module content count against my storage? I’m getting my pro membership back this weekend so it won’t be as much of an issue. I’m just thinking long term. I had to clean out my library last week after 5 years of running home brew games.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Only if you download it and upload it to your user library.  If you have a Pro subscription, it's much more economical to transfer the content across to other games via the Transmogrifier, which leaves it in the marketplace and creates a new instance of it in the game you're moving it to without taking up User Library space.