Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help please :) 'If' functions and more...

Hi. I'm hoping you pro's can help me out! I run a d&d 5e, text only game and I would like to speed up combat and I'm looking for any scripts or macros that could help. I currently use a simple macro button that works something like this.... /em (token name) attacks (selected token) ...Which works well when I want to say who's attacking who. Sometimes there will be multiple attacks and monsters, so to help players I will usually include a quick... /em (Selected token) recieves ? Damage! However, it gets a little slow if we ever have a mob of 5-6 creatures all attacking the same player. I end up rolling all attacks, then scrolling up... adding the damage together in my head... and then clarifying the total with the players. I was wondering if there was a way I could have a macro/roll that would say something like... /emas The 'xxx' group make '8' attacks, with '3' successfully hit for a total of '11' damage! For this to work, I would obviously have to answer quite a few 'prompts' in the macro, such as the attack modifier, the 'target' AC and the damage roll. Alternatively... can anyone help with any aspects of this? I mean... would it be possible to make a macro that said 'xx monsters make a saving throw and xx succeed'. I suppose it might boil down to... is it possible to have an 'IF' function in a dice roll? Thanks! I I hope that mostly made sense!

Edited 1525283004
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The GroupCheck script allows you to roll a bunch of checks at once like this, and there's an ApplyDamage script that worked with it, to apply damage automatically (used mostly for things like hitting a group of NPCs with a fireball, rolling their saves and applying damage with a single macro). It's not possible to have an IF statement in a macro, thought its sometimes possible to construct a macro to fake it. Since you're a pro user, you're better off looking into GroupCheck as described above, and scripts like TokenMod and CatSetAttr (makes it very easy to apply changes to characters and tokens), and/or PowerCards (allows a lot more customizability to dice rolls).
Thanks. Will look into all of those things. I think I already use the catsetattr since I do iuse it to quicky 'pay' all characters by changing their gold amount with a single button.