Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Games with Cards

Edited 1525452588
I know recently there were some enhancements made to the card API in the game. I'm not sure if this is even the right place to put this. There's a game I've had some interest in playing, Malifaux's Through the Breach. It's an RPG that uses Cards for all combat as opposed to dice. Would this new API, and existing game functionality allow using decks, with players hands (with unrevealed cards), as well as an understanding of the values on those cards? Most combat is accomplished with "Duels". Both players flip a card, add their relevant stat (ie. Melee, Shooting vs. Defense, Willpower). Then the player with the lowest value has an opportunity to "cheat" using one of their cards in their hand. Then, that determines the success rate and impacts their next flip based on the difference. Could this work like dice in D&D, where I click an attack and it automatically draws a card, and adds the value? I haven't even purchased a book for the RPG, but I've been playing the tabletop miniatures game at my local store with many of the players in my D&D game, and there's been a bit of interest in this as our next RPG once we wrap up Storm King's Thunder in the next couple of weeks. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Based on your description, I don't see any reason that couldn't be done, though it might be somewhat complicated.  There some order of operations problems you'd need to deal with.