Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Concentration

Edited 1525943621
Robin
API Scripter
Concentration Concentration keeps track of characters concentration, and reminds to do a concentration check. If you use the 5e OGL character sheet, it can also automaticly add the concentrating marker when a concentrating spell is cast. Commands !concentration Shows the config menu without tokens selected. Toggles concentration on selected tokens. Config Command - Which command you want to use for this script. Statusmarker - Which statusmarker you want to use for concentration. HP Bar - Which bar do you use as the HP bar? Send Reminder To - To who you want to send the reminder. Auto Add Con. Marker - Automatically add the concentration marker when a concentration spell is cast (works only for the 5e OGL sheet at the moment). This does not work for spell attacks, as they don't send any information about concentration. Auto Roll Save - If you want to Automatically roll the saving throw. Bonus Attribute - Which attribute to use for the bonus modifier (defaulted to the constitution saving throw for the 5e OGL sheet). Script:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/Concentration" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/Concentration</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You're developing a nice suite of scripts, Robin. I currently use a script with nearly identical functionality, but I'm seriously considering diving into your collection whole hog, just for the dedicated development cycle and the interactivity between them.

Edited 1525823334
Bast L.
API Scripter
Neat. I forget it all the time. Think I'll try this out. edit: Hah. It even lets you easily change the marker type, which is nice, as I use stopwatch for TurnClock.&nbsp;
This is pretty awesome.&nbsp;&nbsp; I believe I've got a bug report for version 0.1.9 though.&nbsp; If I cast a concentration spell that generates a spellcard it works great, but for the ones that generate an attack it doesn't appear to be working - no status marker is added, no "xx is already concentrating" message if another con spell is up.
Robin
API Scripter
Walrus said: This is pretty awesome.&nbsp;&nbsp; I believe I've got a bug report for version 0.1.9 though.&nbsp; If I cast a concentration spell that generates a spellcard it works great, but for the ones that generate an attack it doesn't appear to be working - no status marker is added, no "xx is already concentrating" message if another con spell is up. And attack spell doesn't send anything about concentration with it, so it is not checkable. I should've put this in the info above.
Robin
API Scripter
Update 0.1.10 * If you use autoroll, and the save failed, it will automatically remove the statusmarker.
Robin said: Walrus said: This is pretty awesome.&nbsp;&nbsp; I believe I've got a bug report for version 0.1.9 though.&nbsp; If I cast a concentration spell that generates a spellcard it works great, but for the ones that generate an attack it doesn't appear to be working - no status marker is added, no "xx is already concentrating" message if another con spell is up. And attack spell doesn't send anything about concentration with it, so it is not checkable. I should've put this in the info above. Ah, I see.&nbsp; At least I can still add it manually.&nbsp; I suppose I could change the spell macros for spell attacks to send a spell card and put inline rolls inside the spellcard?
Robin
API Scripter
Walrus said: Robin said: Walrus said: This is pretty awesome.&nbsp;&nbsp; I believe I've got a bug report for version 0.1.9 though.&nbsp; If I cast a concentration spell that generates a spellcard it works great, but for the ones that generate an attack it doesn't appear to be working - no status marker is added, no "xx is already concentrating" message if another con spell is up. And attack spell doesn't send anything about concentration with it, so it is not checkable. I should've put this in the info above. Ah, I see.&nbsp; At least I can still add it manually.&nbsp; I suppose I could change the spell macros for spell attacks to send a spell card and put inline rolls inside the spellcard? I think that's possible indeed.
Feature Request: a command to stop concentrating. It's easy enough to do in game, but I'd rather click the token and then on my macro bar than go through the click and scroll to find the thing.

Edited 1525943677
Robin
API Scripter
Bast L. said: Feature Request: a command to stop concentrating. It's easy enough to do in game, but I'd rather click the token and then on my macro bar than go through the click and scroll to find the thing. Update 0.1.11 `!concentration` with tokens selected will now toggle the statusmarker on them. <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tr" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tr</a>... Will soon be in the one click installer.
Thanks!
This just just about the best thing I've seen in a long while.... damn! Thank you so much for this
Curious, How do you apply the feat War Caster?

Edited 1526065530
Jerry F. said: Curious, How do you apply the feat War Caster? I'd say with the script as-is you'd either turn off auto-roll save, or auto-roll save and then the player would roll an additional save manually for the advantage. Edit: It occurs to me that it's possible the auto-save function would still use whatever the character sheet's setting is for advantage/disadvantage.&nbsp; So if you auto-roll advantage in your games then advantage would already be included with the auto-save function.

Edited 1526204358
Hi Robin 1st off, great work on this, cannot count how many times my group and I forget to roll for concentration! However, after alot of testing, I have some suggestions: 1. As stated in a previous post, Auto add Con. Marker does not work with attack output spells, making it partial player controlled since !concentration does not work for players when they have a token they control selected. Any chance you could add this?&nbsp; 2. When Auto Add Con. Marker is set to true and a spellcard is clicked it announces it in the chat, however does not when you use the "select token and type !concentration", maybe add: When typing !concentration and have a selected token, an input text box appears where players/DMs can type what spell is being concentrated on. I know this can be added via macro, but would be a nice feature. 3. I know this is a bit farfetched, but adding a timer to the status marker like the API TrackerJacker has, that way you can set duration for the spell and it will "tick down" every time the token starts it's turn. Anyhow, that was my 2 cents, again great work on this API, really love it so far!
I suspect that this script will eventually interact with Robin's StatusInfo script - which allows adding a duration to a condition.&nbsp; Actually, hopefully they all are just rolled into one big combat-management script. :)
That would be nice indeed :)
Robin
API Scripter
Dethelm said: Hi Robin 1st off, great work on this, cannot count how many times my group and I forget to roll for concentration! However, after alot of testing, I have some suggestions: 1. As stated in a previous post, Auto add Con. Marker does not work with attack output spells, making it partial player controlled since !concentration does not work for players when they have a token they control selected. Any chance you could add this?&nbsp; 2. When Auto Add Con. Marker is set to true and a spellcard is clicked it announces it in the chat, however does not when you use the "select token and type !concentration", maybe add: When typing !concentration and have a selected token, an input text box appears where players/DMs can type what spell is being concentrated on. I know this can be added via macro, but would be a nice feature. 3. I know this is a bit farfetched, but adding a timer to the status marker like the API TrackerJacker has, that way you can set duration for the spell and it will "tick down" every time the token starts it's turn. Anyhow, that was my 2 cents, again great work on this API, really love it so far! Thanks for the reply! We always forgot it to, so I made this script. Output for spellcards has no way to identify Concentration. So it will possible not made automatic. I can make it optional to let players use `!concentration` tho. I will probably add this indeed. This will probably an option in combination with CombatTracker later on. (can already be manually tho). Walrus said: I suspect that this script will eventually interact with Robin's StatusInfo script - which allows adding a duration to a condition.&nbsp; Actually, hopefully they all are just rolled into one big combat-management script. :) Yes, I was thinking of making the multiple script all in one into CombatTracker later on.&nbsp;
Robin said: Yes, I was thinking of making the multiple script all in one into CombatTracker later on.&nbsp; That would be awesome.
Robin
API Scripter
Update&nbsp; 0.1.12 <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/Concentration" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/Concentration</a> `!concentration` can now have another argument to name the spell, eg. `!concentration Bless`. `!concentration` can be used by players (for controlled characters) now.
Pretty great work thanks! Would you be able to add the ability for players to click a 'roll' option on the chat output? The autorolling is great but I've found my players enjoy initiating rolls themselves instead of it being automated and it would be handy if it was built into the chat so if they failed it removed the concentration automatically. It would also be great if the roll triggered the 3d dice. Keep up the great work!
Robin
API Scripter
Rawss said: Pretty great work thanks! Would you be able to add the ability for players to click a 'roll' option on the chat output? The autorolling is great but I've found my players enjoy initiating rolls themselves instead of it being automated and it would be handy if it was built into the chat so if they failed it removed the concentration automatically. It would also be great if the roll triggered the 3d dice. Keep up the great work! Thanks! I will see what I can do for the next update.
Robin, this is great stuff and someone said that this recognizes rolling at advantage because of War Caster feat, but I would like to know from you if it does support that. I have looked at it several times and from what I can tell it's only rolling the save mod, not advantage.
Robin
API Scripter
Jerry F. said: Robin, this is great stuff and someone said that this recognizes rolling at advantage because of War Caster feat, but I would like to know from you if it does support that. I have looked at it several times and from what I can tell it's only rolling the save mod, not advantage. Sorry, didn't read everything good enough and already thought it was "solved". At this moment it doesn't roll advantage indeed. I will look into it and probably make it optional to roll with advantage.
For the record, I said "it's possible."&nbsp; :P&nbsp; My actual offered solution was to either turn off auto-roll, or to roll a second time manually for war casters.
Robin said: Update&nbsp; 0.1.12 <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/Concentration" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/Concentration</a> `!concentration` can now have another argument to name the spell, eg. `!concentration Bless`. `!concentration` can be used by players (for controlled characters) now. Sweet, you are the man!
Robin
API Scripter
Walrus said: For the record, I said "it's possible."&nbsp; :P&nbsp; My actual offered solution was to either turn off auto-roll, or to roll a second time manually for war casters. Yeh, I misread the entire conversation about that, my bad ;)
I currently have a Blood Hunter in my game who chose Order of the Lycan. The check he needs to make is essentially the same as a concentration check, except he will be using a wisdom save instead of a constitution save. I am terrible at writing scripts and have very little experience, so are there any recommendations on what I should do concerning this? I absolutely love this script and it has helped my players out so much!&nbsp; One thing that I was thinking was maybe making the "Hybrid Transformation" into a resource, and maybe linking that somehow to the spell and save like it already is. Sorry that I know nothing but thought maybe you could help!&nbsp;