Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

SendChat callback - Send also to chat?

Robin
API Scripter
Is it possible to use the SendChat callback AND send the same also to chat? Or atleast show a rollresult as an actual rollresult in chat?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robin said: Is it possible to use the SendChat callback AND send the same also to chat? Or atleast show a rollresult as an actual rollresult in chat? I don't think so, you have to reimplement that yourself (which basically means replacing all the roll results by parsing the inlineroll data).
Robin
API Scripter
I was afraid of that, thank you tho.

Edited 1525855123
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robin said: I was afraid of that, thank you tho. Alternative: just send the thing to chat (without callback) and react to the API event triggered by that? You just have to include some type of safeguard so it is not triggered unintentionally.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Or, just use randomInteger() to figure the results of dice expressions without needing the callback hell of sendChat.