Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Get character token action/ability was used on?

Edited 1526574087
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I cannot find a reference to this in the API doc (if its even possible as clicking my token action triggers and !API command, they don't natively send one itself). I'm trying to get what character a token action was used from. My token action is an !API command to do attacks, and I need to lookup the characters critical chance attribute. And msg.who won't work, as the GM I can select anyone in the dropdown and it uses that character or player. Not the token I have selected and clicked the token action from. Is this even possible? 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Is msg.selected not sufficent?

Edited 1526574444
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That does work wonderfully, what I had in the first place, but that doesn't work if its triggered from the macro bar vs token action bar. Some of my players like adding them to the bottom bar.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DXWarlock said: That does work wonderfully, what I had in the first place, but that doesn't work if its triggered from the macro bar vs token action bar. Some of my players like adding them to the bottom bar. Just send the character id with the macro somewhere. @{Tim|character_id} will send Tim's character id, or you can use @{character_id} from within an ability.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
^^^^ What he said.  =D
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That might work :) Need to rewrite the script to take that into account as one of the varibles, but seems way easier than the rabbit hole I was trying to go down to get it to work..hehe
The information might be in the roll template as well if you are using them. For example the 5e OGL templates have a {{charname=NAME}} option.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The shaped sheet has a similar option to include character name with the roll template.

Edited 1526576825
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Its my custom character sheet, I havent gotten fancy with it and done Roll Templates yet. :)