Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][D&D 5e] One Shot - Encounters in Port Nyanzaru - Friday, May 25 at 7 PM EDT / 23:59 PM UTC

Edited 1526944826
Lex
Pro
Date: Friday, May 25, 2018 Time: 4 PM PDT / 6 PM CDT / 7 PM EDT / 23:59 May 25 UTC If the date and time are no good for you, let me know when is! I may run the scenario again if there's interest. <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180525T18&p1=64" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180525T18&p1=64</a> I am a GM looking to start a group for an easy one shot (a game that takes only one session to complete). I plan to host a series of these, and each session should complete a small story or two. This is great for both beginners and experienced players. I have played and GMed hundreds of hours of tabletop RPGs, and hosted many one shots on Roll20 as well as successful months-long campaigns. The adventure will be run on Roll20, but players will be invited to join D&D Beyond where I have a Master Tier subscription that grants access to digital versions of the PHB, MM, SCAG, XGE, VGM, and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. It also includes their Character Builder and searchable databases of the spells, items, and monsters. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $5 via PayPal for the one session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Campaign Background The Death Curse is ravaging the lands of Faerûn. Resurrection magic no longer has any effect, and those who have been magically resurrected are withering away and dying once more. By obtaining the right leverage over a lich, a group of brave Harper agents learned that the source of the Death Curse lies in dark jungles of Chult. People with varied aims are flocking to the tropical peninsula from all over Faerûn. Some seek to help the Chultans in their time of need, others to profit from well-backed expeditions to the interior. Meanwhile, dark forces are using this as an opportunity to seize power. By ship or by magic, your party has arrived at the only metropolis left standing: Port Nyanzaru. Seek out wealth, fame, power, and maybe even carve a name for yourself in the history books. Campaign Features The adventure is built around city exploration and working to help out the local inhabitants. It's a healthy mix of combat, exploration, and role-playing. I expect the session should take about 4 hours. This adventure will be run as part of the Adventurers League (AL). If you've never played AL before, there's the D&D Adventurers League Player's Pack , but basically you can just fill out a sheet at the end of the session that tracks your progress if you want to play more D&D in the organized play system. If you've never played D&D 5e before, checkout this video series: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&list=PLJmFJXf3BXjwXkNFo_-iwtHb24AuJcXqx" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&list=PLJmFJXf3BXjwXkNFo_-iwtHb24AuJcXqx</a> The Basic Rules for D&D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started for free: <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules</a> Read the Introduction and Chapters 7-10 (29 pages in total). Character Creation The adventure is for 1st-4th level characters. If you are new to AL, you start at level 1. If you've never made a D&D 5e character before, pre-generated character sheets are recommended and available at <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets</a> Pick any of the 16 and use the 1st-level sheet. Characters should be created based on the AL rules: point buy, no rolled starting wealth, PHB+1 rule. All official AL options are available. In AL, before you hit level 5 you can rebuild your character between sessions and change anything about it. So you don't have to feel locked in to your choices when starting out. If you are making a custom character, I have all the player options on D&D Beyond and can share them with the players. This includes use of the D&D Beyond character builder and the full text of the books. Alternatively, I recommend OrcPub2, CharForge, ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator , or MPMB. Application (3-7 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 18+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. Please use push-to-talk. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) How did you find my LFG? 4) What made you pick my LFG post? 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Why paid GMing? Defray the content costs. I'm hoping to use the money to buy some Marketplace content on Roll20 and more RPG materials. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing
1. I'm a gamer since elementary school (Star Frontiers during recess, among other things) and I've played in one of your games before.&nbsp; I've been running games for a while and I'm enjoying being able to play them. 2. Solving challenges and creating memorable stories 3. I saw it on Discord 4. I'm interested in continuing exploring Chult in one-shots when I am available 5. Yes, definitely
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience: I'm pretty easygoing and enjoy all three legs of the TTRPG tripod. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? &nbsp; Working with (sometimes) complete strangers to find creative solutions to tricky scenarios. 3) How did you find my LFG? &nbsp; You sent me a link&nbsp; 4) What made you pick my LFG post? See #3&nbsp; (Seriously though, people, Lex is a great DM who puts a lot of time and effort into prepping his games) 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? &nbsp; Of course
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Hi I'm Geoff, I've been playing table top rpgs for a few years ago. Currently enjoying 5e, looking to get more details on the dangers of the death curse and Chult! 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? In a video game when things go wrong you just reload your most recent save. In a table top rpg when things go wrong you just have to roll with it :) 3) How did you find my LFG? You sent me a link 3) What made you pick my LFG post? The time works well for me. Also I am enjoying your ToA campaign right now and this seems like a good add on to it! 4) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes
Thank you all for the applications! There are still 3-4 seats available if anyone is interested.
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Hi I'm Gabriel, and i've been really getting into tabletop rpgs over the last couple months.&nbsp; I've played for a bunch of different groups which fell through, and now I'm DMing a couple of campaigns as well. I've been looking for some consistent groups to play with. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? Being able to interactive with a imagined environment and have a meaningful impact within the confines of the game. I like roleplaying and I like player-shaped interactive experiences soo.&nbsp; 3) How did you find my LFG? The LFG forum. 4) What made you pick my LFG post? The time works great for me and a series of oneshots seems great cause I want to try out so many different characters. 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes
Invite sent. Welcome! There are still 2-3 seats available!

Edited 1526947593
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience. Aloha, I'm Henry, I'm 31 years old, I live in CA, my experience in roleplaying dawns from my years of playing World of Warcraft, then I slowly began to expand my horizon to D&D, and thus my eyes open, so I pretty much schedule a game for the remainder of my week, my work time is Mon-Wed then I am free for my campaigns so I am consistent player.&nbsp;&nbsp; 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? Flexing my imagination, and getting touch with inspiration to making my own campaign. 3) How did you find my LFG? I was browsing for a new group, the current one I am in on Thursdays and Fridays seem to be canceling a lot with IRL situations, mostly due with lack of attendance of other players, and my morale to continue the venture seem to be failing, nearly a whole month we went without a session due to players not attending. 4) What made you pick my LFG post? Luck by chance, truthfully I been reading a lot of LFG but this campaign is new to me, so far I been stuck on Curse of&nbsp;Strahd the only official one from text, all the other campaign are custom made. 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes

Edited 1527001399
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience I've been playing D&D for a little under a year, playing in various one shots and a LMoP campaign with some pretty cool people.&nbsp; I've also DM'd a short bit for some friends.&nbsp; I enjoy the world and character building, and love the tension of needing a good roll at a crucial time.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? I really enjoy consistently rolling above average on sneak attack damage and having the DM go "wow thats a lot" . 3/4) How did you find my LFG? What made you pick my LFG post? I saw you mention it on discord and saw you still had some open slots and I'm free from the clutches of higher education for a few weeks so the timing is good.&nbsp; 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes

Edited 1527041262
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Been a while since I played RPGs but my first experience with D&D was just watching a few friends play many years ago and later, I was introduced to a text-based RPG called Gemestone III & IV which I played for several years.&nbsp; I've done a full 4E campaign with some DM experience.&nbsp; We were a group of 6 and and rotated the DM spot.&nbsp; I'm a bit rusty, but am excited to get back into it.&nbsp; I prefer magic users. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? They are a fun way to spend time and creative outlet. 3) How did you find my LFG? Dan referred me. 4) What made you pick my LFG post? Dan threatened me.&nbsp; (Kidding) 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes.
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Hello, it's me again. My name is Steven and I have been gaining a lot of RP experience lately with your ToA campaign and another one I am in. I have over 100 hours on Roll20 now. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? I like the freedom it allows and how that freedom encourages creativity. I love open-ended situations that require some thinking and problem solving. 3) How did you find my LFG? You posted a link in Discord 4) What made you pick my LFG post? I have been enjoying our ToA campaign and I am looking forward to continuing playing another character in a related storyline. 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes.