Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

plz make a move players here button on map tool tab.

i have been using your VTT for my D&D game but  i've found that moving players between my maps is difficult due to the number of maps i have and it takes time away from playing the game. So I spent sometime thinking how this could be fixed and I quickly realized if you add a put players here check box in the settings on the maps it would make this process much faster. But if anyone comes up with a better idea feel free to leave it in a comment.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have your players, or you can do this yourself, select their character on a map and then import their token into the character sheet.  This is different from the normal avatar token.  Once they do this, then click on their character name in the journal and drag onto map and their token will come into map.  There's one quirk with this.  The permissions for the token, though setup on the character sheet, may not come into token, so only GM can move the token, so you'll have to click on the token and quickly set permissions.  Doesn't happen all the time.  In this one case, it may be because I imported the token on the character sheet and that may be why permissions aren't coming in with the token.  I'll experiment.   NOTE: You have to drag and drop clicking on the character name in the journal.  If you click on the image associated with the character, it won't work.  

Edited 1527129803
what im talking about is i have around 45 background (maps) and i have to drag the red ribbon around to each map to make it view able for the players what i want is to be able to click a button and set the ribbon to the map without having to scroll though all my maps find the ribbon then slowly bring it over to the right map. i have no problem dealing with the tokens. just swapping though all my maps for the game.
This is part of a larger issue the page toolbar. I recommend supporting the main suggestion <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1618045/slug%7D#" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1618045/slug%7D#</a>... with comments instead of creating new one. But in general my quick tip would be to Archive the pages you probably aren't using that session. Of course, if you use all 45 pages every session, this won't help.
I would LOVE this. I've been going through and archiving pages in order to avoid a lengthy map tool, but it seems really clunky
The whole top map bar needs a huge revamp... It's alright when you only have a few maps, but as you get more and more maps that can't be archived... It just ends up being a pain... Having some organization on the maps would help too, it's now the only part that doesn't have folders yet...
Gold
Forum Champion
Nyss said: Having some organization on the maps would help too, it's now the only part that doesn't have folders yet... Macros (Collection tab), Rollable Tables, Card Decks, also don't have Folder functionality yet. Good points though, but I would suggest following what Maetco said above, and give your +1 votes to the main suggestion that's directly on this topic.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .