Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Curse of Strahd and generic module questions

Hi everyone, I am going to start soon a campaign online here with some of my friends. I would like to play Curse of Strahd (I already own hardcover version). I am really considering buying a plus/pro account and maybe the module itself, but I need some clarifications before: 1)Does Curse of Strahd Roll20 module contains just the map I see in the hardcover version or did they add some player version of the maps? like, without showed numbers, traps, secret doors, etc. I don't want the players the see a trapdoor on the map I show them without even searching for it, for example.... 2)Does it contain Death House too? 3)Can I play Curse of Strahd or other roll20 WOTC modules with 5th Edition Shaped Character sheet?&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... or am I forced to use other type of Character sheet? Thanks in advance! Alessandro
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
1: The roll20 module contains everything that is inside the physical module. If the player map was included then it should be in the roll20 version. 2: Death House is shown inside it. 3: Not sure as it was setup to run with the roll20 OGL sheet.
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, 1=yes, all the infos are on gm layer so players see a beautiful map without numbers and so 2=yes 3=no (setup for OGL) but yes with pro account and an API script to switch between OGL and shaped (not 100% sure about this though, maybe someone can confirm) :)
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3) Yes, the Shaped sheet is set up to convert OGL monsters.
Thanks to all! I really don't like the OGL sheets, so I wonder if the conversion is automatic or need some work, it could be crucial in the decision of buying the module or not, while I guess plus/pro account is a must have.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
For the dynamic lighting, yes a plus/pro account is needed. Changing the sheet is done in the game setting page outside the game. I would give link but I'm using my phone at work.
I am reading the features carefully. If I understand correctly, dynamic lighting and Advanced fog of war are available with a plus account.&nbsp; The pro account adds F/X tool (funny, but not particulary useful besides graphic effect), transmogriphy (I don't need it) and roll20 api. I am wondering, do I need the Api's to run CoS with shaped sheets?? What do they add of useful to the game experience?