Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll Query "Reroll once" doesn't behave correctly (For 5e behaviors)

Playing a Paladin with the Great Weapon Fighting.I use a Greatsword with 2d6 damage. The expected query with the skill would be 2d6ro<2. To reroll the 1-2 rolls for my attacks. Instead, I saw a reroll get rerolled again in a game. The results were as follows: Query : 2d6ro<2 + 3 + -1 2 (greyed out) 3 2 (greyed out) 3 I expected the reroll to be "(2 (greyed out) + 3 + 2) + 3 + -1 = 7"
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I think it is because it is seeing each dice separately. This makes it see each 2 to be rerolled instead of only one of them. A macro expert will be able to explain it better and probably make a suggestion on how to rework the macro.

Edited 1526813779
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This looks like the display of sequencing isn't the way you expect. What I think happened above, is you had 2d6 to roll: the first die was rolled, got a 2, and the reroll was made, and that was a 3, the second die shown. Now that die is complete, roll20 moves on to displaying the second die's results: and that second die also rolled a 2, so a reroll was made. This is generally the way roll20 displays exploding and rerolled dice: each die is rolled in turn, and all of its rerolls or extra dice are rolled and displayed, before moving on to the next die in the original roll.