Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need Help with ChatSetAttr macro for Shaped 5e Sheet

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I could swear there used to be a configuration for this, but I can't find it anywhere. Currently a sheet can default to Public for all to see, Whispered to GM, Whispered to self, and Choose when rolling. I'd like NPCs to Whisper to GM, but all player characters to be public for all to see. I'm a DM Screen old school type DM, but my players all like to see each other's rolls. Currently when I set a token to defaults while setting them up, it defaults to Whispered to GM, since I create far more NPCs than PCs. But every time a player creates a new character, or I assign new token art and use the !shaped command to set to defaults (!shaped-apply-defaults), it pops them back over to Whispered. It's an easy fix, but we don't usually discover the problem until the middle of an adventure, and I'd like to just add a macro to my Utility Macro Menu to switch it. The problem is that I am having difficulty figuring out which attribute to change. "attr_output_option" seems to set the roll prefix to "/w GM", etc., but doesn't change the selection shown on the sheet. I wind up with a character set to whisper, but the sheet says public. Does anyone know what I need to change to make this work right? Or even better, is there a config I'm missing that will allow me to do this when setting up the token? Thanks in advance.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You shouldn't ever need to use "!shaped-apply-defaults" on a PC. output_option is what you're looking for. "/w GM" is for whispering it to the GM "/w @{character_name}" is for whispering it to self If you change those it should change. Perhaps you have to close the sheet and reopen it for it to appear correct? Config is for all characters - you can't differentiate between PCs and NPCs.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gotcha, thanks. The output option was indeed changing properly; it was the drop down choice that was not (i.e. cosmetic, but potentially confusing). I thought I had tried closing and re-opening, but I'll give it another look-see. I just use the !shaped-apply-defaults to quickly set up any token to defaults. I can do it with a token-mod command instead in the case of PCs and reserve the script call for NPCs. By doing it that way, I can also make sure that PCs are public with a ChatSetAttr command. Thanks again.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Kryx, that did the trick.