Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rogue Macro Sneak Attack

Im trying to write a macro that will prompt me if I am using sneak attack, then calculate the damage and also account for crit. I am stuck with the crit.  &{template:default} {{name= Light Crossbow}} {{attack= [[1d20+@{Shadow|dexterity_mod}+@{Shadow|pb} ]]}} {{damage= [[1d8+@{Shadow|dexterity_mod} +?{Sneak Attack?:|Yes,@{Shadow|SA}|No,0}|]] + [[1d8+@{Shadow|SA} if crit]]}} Currently it will always display the crit regardless of critting or not.
OK, so the default template has no way of displaying extra information on a conditional if critical arrangement.  Some roll templates from fancy sheets do.
Aranador said: OK, so the default template has no way of displaying extra information on a conditional if critical arrangement.  Some roll templates from fancy sheets do. ^This A work around is to always check for crit and always display crit damage. &{template:default} {{name= Light Crossbow}} {{attack= [[1d20+@{Shadow|dexterity_mod}+@{Shadow|pb} ]] Crit? [[1d20+@{Shadow|dexterity_mod}+@{Shadow|pb}]]}} {{damage= [[1d8+@{Shadow|dexterity_mod} +?{Sneak Attack?:|Yes,@{Shadow|SA}|No,0}|]] C.Dmg: [[1d8+@{Shadow|SA}]]]}}
so basically I need to subscribe to have the conditional work?
Guessing this is 5e D&D?  If so, the sheets they're referring to are the 5e OGL sheet and/or the 5e Shaped Sheet.  Those templates allow for crit damage modifiers.  No subscription is needed to use them, just a DM who enabled those sheets when the game was created.