We use Cookies to help personalize and improve Roll20. For more information on our use of non-essential Cookies, visit our Privacy Policy here.
Accept
Advertisement Create a free account

Sending linebreak/returns in API

Edited 1526999222
DXWarlock
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've ran into a roadblock I cannot seem to get around. Sending any text to API where a carriage return is used only sends the first line. For example on the character sheet I have this block of html (trimmed down to important parts): <fieldset class="repeating_cast">         <button type='roll' value='!cast --@{CASTdesc}' name='roll_CastCheck' /></button>         <textarea class="sheet-casttext" name="attr_CASTdesc"></textarea> </fieldset> The important parts is the button that sends an API command of " !cast --@{CASTdesc}" Where  @{CASTdesc} is the textarea.  And the text area, which could have for example inside it: One Two Three Problem is the API message sent, only sees "One". If I make the textarea on the sheet say: One Two Three It reads it all. Anyone know a fix/workaround for this?
The Aaron
Forum Champion
API Scripter
You can surround with {{ }} to use multiple lines.  See TokenMod:             args = msg.content                 .replace(/<br\/>\n/g, ' ')                 .replace(/(\{\{(.*?)\}\})/g," $2 ")                 .split(/\s+--/); In my case, I'm stripping out the newlines, but you could use something like: msg.content.replace(/\s*(\{\{|\}\})\s*/g,' ');

Edited 1526999629
DXWarlock
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Surround which part, What I have the sheet sending? I'm assuming that part, as I THINK its already lost before the chat:message sees it. So as such: !cast {{--@{CASTdesc}}}
The Aaron
Forum Champion
API Scripter
Yes, exactly.
DXWarlock
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'll try that, I've been throwing html and js at the wall for 2 hours trying to get something to stick. What would we do without you!
DXWarlock
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That did exactly what I needed. Go get one virtual beer, on me!
The Aaron
Forum Champion
API Scripter
I'm virtually drunk already! =D