Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat Archives.... Still super unresponsive years later.

So I've always hoped that this would be something eventually addressed, especially as a long time paying subscriber. Chat archives have been unresponsive for all of the years I've been a user of Roll20. This isn't something new, but a recent google search of the problem turned up a post from five &nbsp;years ago where it was acknowledged as a known issue that was going to be addressed. ((Source:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/56961/chat-archive-not-loading" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/56961/chat-archive-not-loading</a> )) I would very much like for Roll20 to actually sort out whatever the issue that makes chat archives of tables entirely unusable so I can go back as a GM and check on things that happened.... during the same game session. At a certain point things seem to wrap into the archive and I cannot load those archives on any browser I've tried.&nbsp; Is there some way for me to get a text-only or actually responsive archive of my table's history? Not being able to view this history, particularly since I pay a monthly amount to this company, is well and truly beyond frustrating and it 100% the most likely reason I'll cancel my subscription. I need a non-browser crashing way to view table history.
Hi Allarionn, We certainly understand your frustration. Does this issue persist in all of your games or is it just the long standing games? What are the names of some of these games?
It persists in my long running games. Like I understand needing to load up the web assets from a long game could be taxing. What I would like to see is some way to download a text only version or download it for offline viewing, etc. I've been a plus user for years now and not being able to load the history on my table even things that happened earlier in the session with a busy game session is beyond aggravating. I only have one game I GM that I've created "Blast from the Past" is the name of it, that is the primary table I'd like to be able to get the logs from.