Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Fire Emblem Tabletop Script

Edited 1531258103
Missingquery
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey! This is the official companion script (codenamed Emblem20) for the Xeohelios' Fire Emblem Tabletop sheet. This script allows for useful functions such as: automating combat, including all of the necessary calculations for one round of combat in Fire Emblem (hit, crit, damage, etc.) a fully-customizable, dynamic skills system with room for GMs to make their own custom skills with a little programming knowledge automated staff effects, item effects, & much more! UPDATES: 1.6- Fixes a bug that caused weapon usability checking for defending units to be improperly calculated based off of the attacker's weapon EXP. I also fixed the Patreon link! 1.7- Added character viewer! Add this to your game with the token command !view @{selected|token_id} @{target|token_id} . Skills that affect tokens in a given radius now can affect multiple stats at once! Please update your characters' skills if you haven't already. Combat messages will now display total damage dealt by each party at the bottom. 1.8- Attack multiplier skills now work properly, and account for if the unit in question has already doubled or not. Fixed typo that set Dagger EXP to Firearm EXP. Also, the "during" triggertime has now been split into "during-a" and "during-d". Please make sure to update your skills accordingly! The setup instructions for the script can be found here , and the Github can be found here . If you like the script and want to support it, consider pledging to my Patreon ! If you have any questions about the script, its functionality, or any bugs to report, don't be afraid to shoot me a question! -Missing-q
I was testing this with a friend of mine earlier, we made an archer and a mage. The archer wasn't ever able to counter during the mage's attack for some reason though. Just wanted to see if you were aware of this or if we did something wrong. (We tried many things, from setting the bow's range to 0-2, 2-0, 2-2, or attacking from different distances, but the archer never counter attacked.)

Edited 1527642076
Missingquery
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Depending on when you tested it, it's very possible I've already addressed it! Today's update fixes a problem with range checking, so that very well might have been your problem. Try it again, and if it still doesn't work, shoot me the API log and I'll take a look at it.
Missingquery
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update 1.6- Fixes a bug that caused weapon usability checking for defending units to be improperly calculated based off of the attacker's weapon EXP. I also fixed the Patreon link! For the upcoming update, I'm going to be adding the "view-unit" command, which prints a unit's class, stats, etc. (Basically, stuff you'd be able to check in a regular FE game).

Edited 1530468438
Missingquery
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update 1.7- Added character viewer! Add this to your game with the token command !view @{selected|token_id} @{target|token_id} . Skills that affect tokens in a given radius now can affect multiple stats at once! Please update your characters' skills if you haven't already. This update should be coming to you this Tuesday, but you can install it from Github in the meantime.
Missingquery
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update 1.8- Attack multiplier skills work properly now. Fixed typo that set Dagger EXP to Firearm EXP. :P Combat messages will now display total damage dealt by each party at the bottom.
Missingquery
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I forgot to mention as well- the "during" triggertime has now been split into "during-a" and "during-b". Please make sure to update your skills!