Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Mordenkainen's Tome of Lazy Tokens

New Monsters. Over 230 new monsters to drag & drop into your D&D 5e games. Each creature includes complete stats, one-click actions, beautiful tokens, and original artwork. This was what was advertised but creatures such as the ogre bolt launcher, ogre chain brute, Duergar Despot, hammerer, warlord, xarrorn and many others just have lazy tokens. The only have a red dot with some text on them like I was using the free compendium. I am very disappointed when so many of the other art is amazing.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
If you follow the link from the product page to the bug reporting thread ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6395569/mordenka" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6395569/mordenka</a>... it does specifically mention this in the FAQ. Previous products have followed this same process, as they are only able to use art licensed through Wizards, and there are some items in the product that Wizards did not create art for. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other WOTC 5E products.
Loren, I think the point Phillip is making is that the text says " Each creature includes complete stats, once-click actions, beautiful tokens , and orginal artwork."&nbsp; I think it's a stretch to call the red dots with yellow letters beautiful tokens.&nbsp; It doesn't really have to do with what roll20 has permission to do, it has more to do with how roll20 worded the advertisement.&nbsp;&nbsp; I understand the reason, but if you want to avoid complaints like these, it could be worded a bit better.&nbsp; Why not just say 254 monsters with 230 official wotc licensed tokens!&nbsp; People who wanted to know the difference would ask before purchasing, and I doubt it would stop anyone from buying the product.&nbsp; Seems a simple fix to me, and a legitimate beef on Phillip's part.