Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Maps without grid, ruler tool shows zero in measurement until grid is refreshed

This happens a lot lately, and it's really annoying. I have a 57 x 27 map and when I try to measure anything the measurement on the ruler is zero, until I turn on the grid and then turn it off again. 57 x 27 isn't that big, I thought this was limited to very large maps, but I guess not. Has anyone else had this issue? It's never been a problem until now.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Hey Jake,  Sorry to hear you're having issues. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
1. The issue persists with Chrome and Firefox. 2. I have add-ons in Firefox, but not Chrome, so add-ons are not to blame. 3. I cleared my cache with Firefox, the issue still persists. 4. Firefox/Chrome 60.0.1 (64-bit) / Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 7 Java Script is diabled Avast! Antivirus Ad-Block Plus, Avast Online Security, Dark Background and Light Text, Pinterest Save Button, TinEye Reverse Image Search (Only from Firefox, Chrome has no addons/extensions) Here is my console log: <a href="https://pastebin.com/vrtw7nz6" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/vrtw7nz6</a>
Wanted to add, it happens across multiple games.
I have had missing grids in a couple tables lately, but I found how to solve it. I just need to go into the setting for the map and make the grid lines black again. For some reason they're transparent and that is not how I have it set in the table settings.
Xathos of Varisia said: I have had missing grids in a couple tables lately, but I found how to solve it. I just need to go into the setting for the map and make the grid lines black again. For some reason they're transparent and that is not how I have it set in the table settings. Sorry you are having that problem friend, but my own problem is different. The ruler still works without the grid turned on, IE it still gives you measurement, in multiple games I've run into where the ruler measures 0 no matter how long you make it, until you "refresh it" by turning the grid on and off again.
Hi Jake, Does this issue persist in any game you are in, or does it only happen in the one game?
Any game. People other then me see it too.
Could you provide detailed reproduction steps? I unfortunately have not been able to duplicate the issue with my attempts thus far.
It simply happens, there aren't any causes I can think of. A big map without a grid and try to use the ruler tool. I can invite you to a roll20 game where it is happening right now if you'd like.
Can you screenshot the page settings for a page where this is happening?