Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Double Notifications From Listing Forum

Hello. I've noticed this for a while, and it's such a small issue, I never bothered to report it, but I figured I might as well now. In a LFG listing for a campaign, there's a forum, and when players post in that forum, it sends a notification to the GM. However, for some reason, it actually sends 2 notifications for the same post (for me anyways). The posts don't have edits, or some other reason that I can see for the multiple notifications. I'm not sure if this is limited to the listing forum posts, but it's where I noticed it from.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Is there any chance that the threads which send a double notification are threads you are following?

Edited 1528408241
Bast L.
API Scripter
Well, they were brand new threads, posted by applicants, so unless there's a default follow option turned on somewhere, I don't think that's the cause. Edit: I checked them, they don't seem to have the follow flag on. I'd have to open a listing to test it again.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Weirdness.  I'll nudge the devs to see what might be up with this.  They're still busy with Charactermancer's first steps, so it may not get resolved right away :)
I should note, there was only 1 notification from this thread. As far as I can tell, it's only in the LFG forum in a campaign listing.
Hi Bast, Does this happen in any of your LFG listings or just one? If so, what are the names of the games that have the LFG listing?

Edited 1528480037
Bast L.
API Scripter
It's in any of them. None currently have the LFG listing enabled. I'm hesitant to turn it on just to test it, as it might disappoint applicants (also someone would need to apply to test it). I guess I could make a fake one quickly and get someone from one of my games to post, then disable before it shows up.

Edited 1528480500
Bast L.
API Scripter
I just tested it with help from someone, and it only showed one notification. I swear it was showing 2 before, but it's not now. When it was showing 2, I checked to make sure it wasn't a post and an edit, and also that they were both from the same thing, and it happened seemingly every time, but either the issue is gone, or I'm missing something else that causes it.