Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Attributes in spells changing over time

So at least 2 Players in our group have the problem that certain attributes fail to 'stick' to the spell they are entered. My spellcasting ability for example is Charisma, But one spell requires me to make the initiol roll (wether I hit or miss) with dex - I entered this in the sheet and it worked. But minutes later (and without changing anything in that particular spell) the game reset the dex attribute liked to it with my charisma modifier. Same with the burning hands savin throw. I set it to dexterity but it will change back after a while to strenght and cause the game to fail to post the result in chat. My friend and I also have the problem that occasionally the linked attributes from the attacklist 'go missing'. As in a roll for a dagger (1d4+strenght/dex) that worked before suddenly turns up 1d4 in chat. When looking at the cause for this we see that in the attack list no attribute is entered anymore. Its not necesarily gamebreaking but its highly annoying to constantly watch on whether or not your atributes are still connected with everything as it should be because that can change at a moments notice.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is very odd and unusual behavior. This is a setting in your sheet, not macro code? Is your GM a pro user and are you running any API scripts? Finally, what sheet are you using?
The Sheet used is 5th Edition ( OGL by Roll20 ), we do not use macros for the sheets or any API scripts and the DM is not a pro user. I realize this is not expected behaviour. At first I thougt I did something and actually changed the setting somehow. But since the error occured multiple times when testing the features of app.roll20 and multiple people of our group got this problem I kind of doubt its us changing things and forgetting about it. Which is why I hoped to maybe find a similar problem allready posted and solved here. Alas no such luck. Whether this is a bug, technical problem or 'just' new users not understanding how this works... it would be lovely if we can figure out what the problem is to find a solution together. Thank you for helping us.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I see. Unfortunately, I use a different sheet, but if this is indeed a known issue with the Roll20 OGL sheet, letting people know which sheet should help ensure that someone familiarity with it will post an insight. FWIW, I haven't run into a similar issue before. You could try creating a brand new empty campaign and see if the issue occurs on a clean slate.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
That sounds really odd and annoying.  Let's see if we can clear out some of the possible easy issues :) Would you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log, starting with table loading and ending *after* you've 'corrected' an example of each kind of issue and had it revert back!)