Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Page unresponsive, cant load game, need to get map back

how can i recover a map from the game? I spent a lot of time doing dynamic lighting for a custom map. also setting up the characters and lighting.  I think i tried to make a new page that was too big, fatfingered or wasnt paying attention. now the game won't load... any ideas on what to try?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Here are some steps to try out when this happens: Try accessing the game through both Chrome and Firefox. If an "unresponsive script" prompt pops up, try letting things sit for several minutes. If the game still fails to load, answer the prompt such that the "unresponsive script" stops. If the Player Ribbon is on a different Page, you should be able to solve this by promoting another account (e.g. a player or somebody else you trust) to GM. Afterwards, that person should be able to access and edit the Page Settings of the Page in question. If none of that works, we may have other things to try out :)

Edited 1528088998
thank you very much for the quick response and useful help... makes me happy to continue to use the product. loading in firefox worked. thank you. i should have tried that first. the blank 1500x1500 hex map would not load in chrome.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Glad I could be of help.  I'll mark this as Resolved and close the thread.  Please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you have any issues or concerns!