Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting and the DM view

Hello I am currently running a DnD 5e campaign that has a mix of elves, dwarves, humans. The humans have no special vision at all. So to simulate them carrying torches, I make them a light source with the diameter of the torch. The elves and dwarves can see much further than that. I, as DM and owner of the "game" can see everyone's light. So for me, most of the time, a huge portion of the map is lit. The problem is, while running the game, my players' light sources over lap and I can't tell whose light is whose. Is there a way to limit the lights for me, the DM? For example, it sure would be cool if I only saw the light coming off the current selected token, that way, I can see what that player sees. Is there anyway to do this? TIA Andy 

Edited 1528090806
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hey Andy! It's actually pretty easy, if you select a token and press CTRL + L you'll see the game through that token's eyes. Quick edit: There's also plenty of other cool shortcuts you can make use of,  this page in the wiki shows a few. Hope that helps :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cmd-L if you are on a Mac, of course. :)
Thank you Gentleman! Most helpful!