Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow .png files to be used to obscure dynamic lighting

For example, say I have this map: It would take me ages to create a dynamic lighting layer with the tools provided. So say I hop into photoshop and create this .png file: I should be able to drag and drop this onto the dynamic lighting layer and have it act in the same way the line tool does. But I cant. It would save a whole bunch of time. Artists could publish sidecar files specifically for roll20's dynamic lighting, DMs could create simple lighting layers in a fraction of the time.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It doesn't help you at Plus level, and certainly your suggestion is a good idea (I'd like it!), but in the interim, I have an API script (Pro subscription required) that can let you set this up pretty quickly:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1337473/script-w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1337473/script-w</a>...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The Aaron’s script is totally awesome and works like a charm. The great thing about it, is I can work in layers to have walls be one layer and doors be another, then I can generate dynamic lighting for both and can remove the door lines when needed.&nbsp;
Beautiful my man. Just a shame i swaped&nbsp;back to the plus subscription. I'll definately&nbsp;get your script running if I swap back. (Still think it should be in the stock editor though)
This would be amazing! I recently tried to do this with a 4 floor mansion and was actually surprised roll20 didn't respect transparency of .png items. 1 hour of easy work in DPS now turns into 5+ hours trying to line things up because this doesn't exist.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .