Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

List of underrepresented / non-licensed art tokens / lazy art tokens in major modules.

Just wondering if people are interested in having some help in making their games less confusing, as I have seen how common these things are in $50 modules.  Thinking if I could manage to squeeze a high quality production of substitute representations it would make every roll20 DM happy. So testing the waters if people think it is a good idea.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think "lazy" is unnecessarily pejorative. Roll20 has discussed the licensing issues that keep them from making tokens for creatures that the licenser provides no art for. I.e. it's a legal matter, not effort-related. Beyond that, the community is probably the wrong place to discuss this, again because of licensing and IP matters, depending on how focussed you intend your efforts to be. I.e. if a module is missing an Alhoon token because WotC has provided no Alhoon art, it is unlikely that you could sell, promote or distribute an "Alhoon token for Adventure X".
I had someone get me a count of the number of these tokens, and I don't believe it had reached a dozen yet, in terms of commonness.  Keith is right on this (it's not a conversation we can host, due to the intellectual property issues at hand). I'll say that we continue to have this conversation with licensing partners. While we bundle and send this feedback to licensing partners, it also never hurts to politely let them directly know that you view this as an issue.