Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] Adding Modifiers to FreeText Rolls

Is there a way for adding modifiers to freetext rolls for example if I put [[roll 2d6+2]] it will roll the 2d6 but will not add the 2 to the value.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It should, but you need to write it as [[2d6+2]]; the word "roll" is not needed in an inline roll.
Cool. What about adding an ability mod to it?

Edited 1528653873
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Shawn O. said: Cool. What about adding an ability mod to it? [[ 2d6+2 +@{selected|str-mod} ]]  where "@{selected|str-mod}" represents the attribute you want to use. Many sheet's provide the attribute name when you hover over the an input field.  You could also add a "generic" query for modifiers if you don't mind a prompt. example; [[ 2d6+2+@{selected|str-mod} +?{modifier?|0} ]]

Edited 1528827774
Awesome thank you both. One last thing. I have a homebrew ability that allows me to add a damage dice but have a reduction to hit. This ability stacks. It essentially has levels of charge, each doing more damage but with a greater reduction to hit. I would like to put this all on 1 weapons roll that way I don't have a whole lot of weapons cluttering up the sheet. Is there a way that I could have it to where a d20 roll would affect the a 2d6 roll like a crit? Also is there a way to have the d20 affected by advantage? Example of what I have right now (half-orc barbarian): Level 2 [[d20+2+@{selected|strength_mod}-2]]/[[d20+2+@{selected|strength_mod}-2]] to hit [[3d6ro<2+2+@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[6d6ro<2+2+@{selected|strength_mod}]] Edit: Accidental double post
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hm. Not sure on that one. My be easiest to hard code it and ignore everything after a miss?
Maybe something akin to  this ? Is there a way to have it query what level the ability use at when you roll then go from there? Also the post was for the standard 5e sheet, Is there anything I need to change?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might be able to put the diminished attack rolls in as an attacher. "Did you hit?" if yes, then click the attacher for a repeat attack roll at -x. I'm afraid the logic needed to wrap this into one query is beyond me.