Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

changing appearance of a default table macro output?

Edited 1528603080
So,  on the table below, I want to make the font smaller, remove the background colors.  Basically make the whole thing take up as little space as possible while still being readable.   My google-fu is weak on this one, any help out there?  here's a screenshot of the current output and below that I'll paste the macro itself.  thanks. @{wtype} &{template:default}{{name=@{character_name} Spellbook }}{{Spell Save DC @{spell_save_dc}= +@{spell_attack_bonus} to hit with spell attacks }}{{Cantrips (7) =[@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$3_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$3_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$4_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$4_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$5_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$5_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$6_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$6_spell) }}{{1st level (10) =[@{repeating_spell-1_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$2_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$3_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$3_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$4_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$4_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$5_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$5_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$6_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$6_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$7_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$7_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$8_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$8_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$9_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$9_spell) }}{{2nd level (2 slots) =[@{repeating_spell-2_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-2_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-2_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-2_$1_spell) }}{{3rd level (2 slots) =[@{repeating_spell-3_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-3_$0_spell) }}
I'd love for it to look more like the output from the TAS.js api...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You cant change the appearance of the default template unfortunately,
Ok, I've figured out this much.  Is it an easy thing I'm missing to make "cantrips" in bold type?  Would look cleaner than all caps I think. &{template:atk} {{mod=}} {{rnamec=}} {{r1=}} {{always=}} {{r2=}} {{range=}} {{spelllevel=}}{{rname=@{character_name} Spellbook}} {{desc=@{character_name} Spellbook CANTRIPS [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$3_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$3_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$4_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$4_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$5_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$5_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$6_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$6_spell) 1st LEVEL [@{repeating_spell-1_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$2_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$3_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$3_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$4_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$4_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$5_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$5_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$6_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$6_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$7_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$7_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$8_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$8_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$9_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$9_spell) 2nd LEVEL [@{repeating_spell-2_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-2_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-2_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-2_$1_spell) }}
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
As you have a Pro subscription, I suggest looking into the Powercards API .  Powercards came before roll templates, and can do everything roll templates can, and so much more .    The downside is learning how to code your cards, but I found it worth the time spent :)

Edited 1528608342
GenKitty, would that work for a character of mine that is in a game where the DM doesn't have a Pro subsription?
A custom API script such as that requires a Pro subscription for the owner of the campaign.
Ok, well I may look into the powercards for my campaigns, but that won't work for what I'm working on here.  Is there a way to format text ( ie. bold ) in a description field of an OGL template?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might be able to alter the appearance of a roll template using the Stylish extension for your browser, but it would only change the way you  see the display, not anyone else in the game. How is your CSS-fu?? As for bolding text, Markup Language should work. **Bold** and *italic*.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Ahhhhh.  No, the Creator of the game needs to have a Pro subscription in order to use API scripts.  My apologies for teasing you accidentally :)
One possible answer is, instead of a single massive list of buttons, is to have a menu that asks just for level, then it calls a second menu of the spells of that level.  Actually that first menu could even be a drop down query, although those can sometimes be more painful depending on what it is you are nesting in them.