Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pixelbook/iPad pro

Hey all. Pretty new here and just gettingint9 this.  Does anyone use Roll20 on an iPad Pro or Pixelbook?  I’m looking at getting one of the two and one of my deciding factors is going to be which one works better for here as I’m getting involved in some campaigns.  We have discord for voice chat and don’t use pdf books.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have difficulty GMing a game on my iPad Pro, so I always GM on my Mac mini.
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
For GMing: The iPad Pro is great for moving tokens and displaying maps but not great for other functions. I tend to use the iPad Pro in conjunction with a laptop (the laptop for the GM side of things) and the iPad Pro for player display side. Having a gaming mouse like a Razer Naga is quite useful if you want to map out the advanced keyboard shortcuts onto it. I actually like the iPad Pro when playing IRL face to face oldschool. I use the Roll20 iPad app and can roll all everything off the sheet. It keeps a log of all your rolls, rolls damage, advantage and auto calculates all the bonuses (using the 5e OGL sheets).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Surok said: Having a gaming mouse like a Razer Naga is quite useful if you want to map out the advanced keyboard shortcuts onto it. This is what I do and the mouse I do it with. =D  (Well, Razer Naga Trinity)  I have alt, shift, control mapped as thumb buttons (among other things), which is really great for navigating about with just one hand.
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
The Aaron said: Surok said: Having a gaming mouse like a Razer Naga is quite useful if you want to map out the advanced keyboard shortcuts onto it. This is what I do and the mouse I do it with. =D  (Well, Razer Naga Trinity)  I have alt, shift, control mapped as thumb buttons (among other things), which is really great for navigating about with just one hand. The most useful functions I've mapped on the mouse are switching between the layers (GM, token, map) and copy paste. I had to use the Razer Synapse macro function to write "ctrl c" and "ctrl v" for the buttons but it's quite useful even outside of Roll20.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
In fact, I have copy and paste on there as well. =D  cmd-c and cmd-v in my case, but just as useful. =D