Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for people down to try out Cyberpunk 2020

Hey all, With the recent hype around Cyberpunk 2077 and my affinity for other cyberpunk universes and settings, I want to try out Cyberpunk 2020. I don't know anyone that's ever played it and it seems to be played pretty rarely these days. I only have one DnD campaign under my belt (and it's still pretty early on) so I am definitely not in any position to GM. I'm looking to put together a whole group including GM. We can do some one-shots or something to decide if we want to set up a campaign. 
Kacey C. said: Hey all, With the recent hype around Cyberpunk 2077 and my affinity for other cyberpunk universes and settings, I want to try out Cyberpunk 2020. I don't know anyone that's ever played it and it seems to be played pretty rarely these days. I only have one DnD campaign under my belt (and it's still pretty early on) so I am definitely not in any position to GM. I'm looking to put together a whole group including GM. We can do some one-shots or something to decide if we want to set up a campaign.  I'm old, so I played CP2020 pretty extensively back in the day.  I'm a bit booked up to try GMing another thing right now but if a GM appears for this and I can work out the time, I'd definitely like to be in on a few one-shots/short campaign
if we can fin a group i would not mind learning a cyberpunk system heared good thing and sifi always fun over the endless fantasy i been doing lol
Tedd H. said: Kacey C. said: Hey all, With the recent hype around Cyberpunk 2077 and my affinity for other cyberpunk universes and settings, I want to try out Cyberpunk 2020. I don't know anyone that's ever played it and it seems to be played pretty rarely these days. I only have one DnD campaign under my belt (and it's still pretty early on) so I am definitely not in any position to GM. I'm looking to put together a whole group including GM. We can do some one-shots or something to decide if we want to set up a campaign.  I'm old, so I played CP2020 pretty extensively back in the day.  I'm a bit booked up to try GMing another thing right now but if a GM appears for this and I can work out the time, I'd definitely like to be in on a few one-shots/short campaign If you'd like an invite to the game I'd love to have someone with experience on board! I have had one more person outside of this thread express interest. RYAN B. said: if we can fin a group i would not mind learning a cyberpunk system heared good thing and sifi always fun over the endless fantasy i been doing lol Great! seems like we're up to 4 now.
Kacey C. said: Tedd H. said: Kacey C. said: Hey all, With the recent hype around Cyberpunk 2077 and my affinity for other cyberpunk universes and settings, I want to try out Cyberpunk 2020. I don't know anyone that's ever played it and it seems to be played pretty rarely these days. I only have one DnD campaign under my belt (and it's still pretty early on) so I am definitely not in any position to GM. I'm looking to put together a whole group including GM. We can do some one-shots or something to decide if we want to set up a campaign.  I'm old, so I played CP2020 pretty extensively back in the day.  I'm a bit booked up to try GMing another thing right now but if a GM appears for this and I can work out the time, I'd definitely like to be in on a few one-shots/short campaign If you'd like an invite to the game I'd love to have someone with experience on board! I have had one more person outside of this thread express interest. RYAN B. said: if we can fin a group i would not mind learning a cyberpunk system heared good thing and sifi always fun over the endless fantasy i been doing lol Great! seems like we're up to 4 now. cool
Are you really set on learning the Cyberpunk system as it was, or is it just the setting that interests you?  The original system was fine for its time but its very clunky by current standards, and I think a conversion for a more modern system like Genesys could be a lot more accessible
Interlock system is super easy STAT+SKILL+d10: TNs go up by 5's. I played the hell out of CP2020 and have ran games for over 20 years. I'd be interested in your group. I'll have to see what my schedule looks like for RL work but I can make something go.
Murphy01 said: Interlock system is super easy STAT+SKILL+d10: TNs go up by 5's. I played the hell out of CP2020 and have ran games for over 20 years. I'd be interested in your group. I'll have to see what my schedule looks like for RL work but I can make something go. Interested in GMing? Tedd H. said: Are you really set on learning the Cyberpunk system as it was, or is it just the setting that interests you?  The original system was fine for its time but its very clunky by current standards, and I think a conversion for a more modern system like Genesys could be a lot more accessible I've considered that. Part of why I want to learn the actual game is because of the videogame coming soon. I have been talking to some IRL friends about a scifi campaign though.
Depending on schedule, I'd be interested in playing. I too played it quite a bit back in its heyday and wouldn't mind Soloing it up one again. Unfortunately I don't have the time to run it but I've accumulated a -lot- of resources for the game I'd be happy to contribute.
PDT / GMT-7.  Played and ran.  Still have the rules somewhere.   Would be interested in playing. 
Depending on what Kacey C says, I might step in as the GM on this one. I'm thinking a free roam game in Night City, which is the default setting. A few things about me: I'm 42 and have gamed since I was 12. I have about 900 hours using Roll20. I am a Yes, but style of GM however stupidity in my games leads to character creation. If y'all are down, I might set up a discord so we can do a chargen session this weekend if that works for everyone. Also I'm on CST US. I'm going to dig around on the net for copies of the rules set (at one point they were free) and whatever information I can give you. I will also look for character sheets or make one up. I'm thinking our day will either be Friday evenings or Sunday afternoons.
Might be a little late here, but ya think there might be room in this group for one more, understandable if that's a no though.
I'll allow it. We can go up to 6 or 7 max. I have insanely run one game that was 16 players. I split the group into two teams and had them both go after the mcguffin. In the first hour, half of them were dead
If you've got room for another, I would love to join. I'm almost always open on Sundays after 4:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Central, and Fridays after 9:00pm Eastern / 8:00pm Central
I'd be interested in joining if you have an open space, I'm available on Fridays after 7pm EST.
Judge Kevin said: Tedd H. said: Are you really set on learning the Cyberpunk system as it was, or is it just the setting that interests you?  The original system was fine for its time but its very clunky by current standards, and I think a conversion for a more modern system like Genesys could be a lot more accessible I don't agree with that at all. The Interlock system is very easy to learn and use. Now... if you're talking about the netrunner rules, that's a totally different story! Not to turn it into a debate, but personally, my feeling was always that while the dice system is initially simplistic, the multitude of rules and options makes the game "top heavy" and awkward.  Its still a peach compared to some of the other games we had in the same time period, but clunky by current standards.
Well, I stepped up to GM and I will be stripping out parts of the game as we go along and modifying others. I know it's 80's wargame top heavy and hope to compensate and streamline some of this. I will be PMing everyone in this thread that has expressed interest and sending out links to my CP discord channel. If y'all could PM me back and let me know if anyone is available to chat before Friday's game, that would be super cool.
Everyone should have PMs with links and such. Me and Mat A are talking in discord right now.
We will be having a discussion at 6pm this evening if you want to join in. Check your PMs for the discord link and hope to hear from yall.
Sounds like y'all have more than enough players for a full game, but just in case there's any room for one, I'd like to toss my name in the hat.  If not, totally fine, and hope you have a blast! I've never played Cyberpunk, but I'm familiar with the genre. I've played a fair bit of Shadowrun 5th Edition, but I don't know if there's much overlap in terms of mechanics. 
Not much in terms of mechanics but if you have ran in the shadows in the past, this will almost feel like home, Michael C. Sent you a PM with some info and we are doing a discord discussion at 6pm CDT my time today if you are down. Game will actually start on Friday.
Ok. Thanks to Kacey C for the original thread. This has been amazing in terms of PC response. I've sent messages to everyone who contacted me. If you are still interested, we will be on the discord link today but I'm not taking new players for my game Virtual Dreams, Chrome Nightmares. However, Kacey has a GM and there is more CP2020 on here, so good luck in your travels and here's hoping you all find your place in Night City. Murphy01 out.
hey anyone want to  let me in on a cyberpunk2020 game?, made an account just for it.

Edited 1529379422
Im very interested  , and if Kacey reads this , hit me up ?
Dudes, the most I can do is invite y'all to make characters and listen in on Fridays. If someone doesn't show  and/or goes down on a run, I can swap you in.
what times are you working from Murphy01?
I'll be available later tonight after 8pm CST Then I start 4:00pm 2:30 am then I might be off Friday
Hey I've wanted to play cyberpunk for while now but it seems like everyone is on the fantasy train lol hopeing that it will make a come back now that it's becoming a video game lol
Hit me up Friday. Like I said my main team is full up but you are more than welcome to make a character and listen in when we play. If someone buys it or goes down during the run, you can shark in and fill the spot.
I realize I am joining this 1 month later, but would love to join if there's room.