Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player online for ever

Hi, A player is always online. His computer broke and he never logged off. Now he has a lot of problems and since can not come online anymore. (Problem with getting a new computer :-( ) I wondered if I could kick (=/= ban) his account. Thank you, Anro
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you are the DM of a game, you can kick any player, and then issue them a new invite. This is done from the Game's home page. Hover over their avatar and a menu will give you the option to boot them.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Keithcurtis's suggestion solves part of the problem. To remove him from in game where it looks as if he is lurking (assuming this is the issue), you will have to email the devs at <a href="mailto:Team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@roll20.net</a> with the name of the player, the game's name, and what has happened. They might ask a few other questions also.
Ok, &nbsp;kick and reinvite worked. I hoped for a "softer" kick somehow, but thx for the step-by-step explanation, keithcurtis. Right now he is nowhere to be seen anymore - that is good. It was confusing having this one lurker portrait. Something seems off a little, because if I am alone in the game, my camera activates. So there might be a problem still, I will mail the support, thanks for the email, Pat.
To help prevent this in the future, ask your players to use the Exit Game button (under the Gear menu) instead of just closing their browser. The camera partially activates now as part of the new Roll20 A/V tech, I think.