Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New game works fine, old games have video issues

I have run a game for 6 years and am in another that is close to the same age.  Many players have persistent issues with video to the point that we almost abandoned the platform. this week I started a new game with the same players and it works fine! Could the old games need a refresh somehow? Are they on older servers?
You may want to check the Video + Audio Chat Options (under the Gear icon) for the older games and update them to the new Roll20 WebRTC feature, which is the default setting for new games.
Thanks, we have gone through every combination. We were shocked when the new game worked fine. Same settings on both
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I pinged the Devs.  Someone will be by,but it might not be until monday. In the meanwhile, just to help out whichever Dev comes to help, would you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. (Just on the off chance the other browser works when one doesn't) Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
No worries.same browser and all the rest between the two games.  Thanks
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Yes, I understand that.  I am asking you to test the other browser we support, just in case there's something weird going on.  And having the console log for your dysfunctional game would be very useful.
Hi Hoyle, In addition to the console log mentioned by Gen, what are the names of the games you are having this issue in?
I don't have my crew around right now, but I did find this log I posted to another thread earlier: OS windows 10 Browser: chrome 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit) I'm a player in one game and a GM in another. I'm using the same windows 10 PC for both and video works in his game but not in mine. No audio or video devices even appear to select. it doesn't prompt for my camera (I set it back to "ask" to test that) This is a consistent problem with my game ----- Personal LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 3 Number of other Players: 4 Send All Message: collectlogs 1525736488538 ----- END Personal LOG -----
Game that doesn't work at all: Jaiden's traveller campaign Game that works for some people: Star Wars New game that worked great for all 4 of us:  Blades in the Dark I'll be running Blades on wednesday, and I have have the players jump into the Traveller game to play with Firefox.  We have not ever had luck with firefox before but I'm happy to gather the logs  I'm pretty convinced it's the actual GAME, not any of the PCs, since, as I mentioned the Traveller game and the Blades game have basically the same participants