Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

It is possible to get a whisper that actualy is invisible for the player who whispered?

Is there some way to make a player roll a dice but get the result as private? i want to use this tipes of roll for situations like hiding, because sometimes when a player takes a bad roll on chects like that ,they  just expect something of his rolls, and i think doing  it on private can actualy  make the game a bit more fun

Edited 1529146162
Well, you as a DM can make a /gmroll.  Also you can use API scripts that then whisper to the GM, with the api script being called from a macro the player has access to.  API scripts, when they do things, do not count as being a player, so whispers from them are not shown to anyone except who they are going to. Your player can also run a macro that describes their action, then has a button, that calls a global macro, that is a gmroll, and then the GM can just press that button. So there are a few possibilities.
Here is a script I use for occasions like that. Thanks to Aaron it now accepts inline rolls as well. The player who rolls the dice does not see the result. You could easily make this a button for the player to click. // !broll 1d20+3 --Some text that shows up with the roll on("chat:message", function(msg) {     var cmdName = "!broll ";     var msgTxt = msg.content;     var msgWho = msg.who;     var msgArgs = msgTxt.slice(cmdName.length).split(/\s+--/);     if(msg.type == "api" && msgTxt.indexOf(cmdName) !== -1) {         sendChat(msgWho, `/w gm [[${msgArgs[0]}]]${msgArgs.length>1?` ${msgArgs[1]}`:''}`); sendChat(msgWho, `/w "${msgWho}" secret roll sent to GM ( ${msgArgs[0]} )${msgArgs.length>1?` [${msgArgs[1]}]`:''}`);     }; });
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I use Powercards for this very task.  I enforce blind rolls for things such as stealth at my table and this is one of the many reasons I adore Powercards :) Additionally: Powercards predates roll templates and provides even more options than templates do.  Additionally, each player could (if wanted) have their own colors and arrangements, it isn't all on the GM/writer of the character sheet to set up colors and such.
If players use the 3D dice, I believe they will see the roll when using PowerCards. Just something to be aware of.