Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic lighting tied to tokens and map tiles.

There's been a lot of good ideas for dynamic lighting features I've seen, but nothing that quite scratches a particular itch of mine. I would like top see some way to link or bind a dynamic lighting polygon to a token or map title. A specific example would be for doors. Currently the only way I see to have a door block light when closed, and not do so when opened is to move the polygon off the map, and the door token/tile separately. Being able to move the token and have it move the DL polygon at the same time would greatly help the flow of gameplay. I'm no pro when it comes to api scripting, but assuming there's something that can be used for door programming, allowing players to open doors themselves with a macro prompt or something, this could completely alleviate the burden on the gm for door and lighting management, and allow them to focus on the narrative, and not spend so much time switching between layers to do something as mundane as opening a door.
You are in luck! As a Pro user you can take advantage of the Dynamic Light Recorder API script: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:Dynamic_Light_Recorder" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:Dynamic_Light_Recorder</a>
Ooh pretty. I've never really messed with api stuff. Always been a bit over my head.&nbsp;
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .