We use Cookies to help personalize and improve Roll20. For more information on our use of non-essential Cookies, visit our Privacy Policy here.
Accept
Advertisement Create a free account

MULTIPLE SHEETS IN A GAME

Score + 50

Edited 1596036310
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
It is very sad to see that this was closed and that Roll20 basically said they not interested in doing somethign like this. Multiple Character Sheet Layouts A few of us Pro players & Sheet creators really want to be able to create 2 or 3 simple sheets that we can load in our game. Just on a basic level it would be nice to have completely different sheets for use as Monster Sheets, Vehicle Sheets, NPC Sheets and PC sheets and even better would be to be able to load different PC sheets so we do not have to create one sheet to cater for every possible option of play.   Yes we are able to use tabs and hide sections to make huge sheets that cater for everything but it means we have large cumbersome sheets that become more difficult to maintain as we try to cater for more and more options.  And some people like playing cross over games where you actually need character sheets from more than one system. Please roll20 lets start a sensible discussion on how we can allow for multiple character sheets to be loaded in a game. One DM wants 1 or 2 sheets, and another wants 3 or 4 sheets. Why should this not be possible? 
Having individual sheets devoted to PC's, NPC's, Monsters, Vehicles, Cities, etc would be very helpful to have. And just the prospect of having to maintain a single sheet which incorporates each of these different things can be cumbersome. Also playing a game (like Pathfinder) which has multiple popular 3rd Party systems (Spheres of Power/Might, Path of War, Psionics, Akashik Mysteries) it would be useful to have individual character sheets catered to each individual system. I also have played games where a D&D 3.5 character adventured alongside a party of D20 Modern characters. Being able to upload sheets from multiple systems would've also been helpful in the campaign. So yes, I think this really needs to become a thing for Roll20.
The other thing that could be done is to have those topics - PCs, NPCs, Monters, et cetera - as tabs on one character sheet, like i have seen on several character sheets already. If it is possible to drag and drop tab templates onto the custom sheet, that would also achieve the same goal.
rschweik said: The other thing that could be done is to have those topics - PCs, NPCs, Monters, et cetera - as tabs on one character sheet, like i have seen on several character sheets already. If it is possible to drag and drop tab templates onto the custom sheet, that would also achieve the same goal. The problem with having them as tabs is 1) It makes for extremely large sheets (which may slow down performance), 2) It wont support cross game systems, and 3) Less likely to support popular 3rd party content. Ultimately, it would be much better to allow multiple different sheets than to force multiple tabs.

Edited 1529613477
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Simon said: The problem with having them as tabs is 1) It makes for extremely large sheets (which may slow down performance), 2) It wont support cross game systems, and 3) Less likely to support popular 3rd party content. Ultimately, it would be much better to allow multiple different sheets than to force multiple tabs. PREACH IT BROTHER! And you know .... WHAT SIMON SAYS! ... :D
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 for all the good it will do.
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Mike W. said: +1 for all the good it will do. We try, hopefully Roll20 will realise that we put a lot of time, effort and money into this platform and it is really not that hard to offer thse kinds of features.
Please god, yes. This would be enormously helpful for me. I run Werewolf:The  Apocalypse and construct other supernaturals with the rulesets of their respective games. Alas, I can only use the Werewolf character sheets in game, so I have to keep piles of paper sheets for the others, along with not having access to automatic dice rolls and such for them
It would help in my Traveller game as well.  I have one sheet for the characters and a separate sheet for ships.  My current workaround is I have two games and all of my players are members of both.  When a space battle or anything that involves the ships happens, I tell everyone to open the the other game in a separate window or tab and we go from there. It would be a lot more convenient to have everything in one game.
+1 because Alex said so.
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
So few votes I cant believe people can not see the benefit of allowing multiple character sheets to exist for a game system and being able to load them in a game. Yes you can make one charactersheet with different tabs for different looks and feel, but it very quickly slows your game down. And it is annoying having all the optional stuff on a sheet if you never gonna use them. This way you can have class/race/NPC/Monster/Henchmen type sheets which are all the smallest possible size to make each of them meet the requirements for that use. And you not creating super large character sheets that needs to load for each player.
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Gargamond said: +1 because Alex said so. LOL awww thanks Justin, I want to improve the sheets for people and having multiple options, as well as ability to load multiple in a game will bring so much benefits.

Edited 1593545737
multiple sheets would be AMAZING!!! why would they want to limit their paying customers in such a simple thing? especially when you do so much for the sheets as it is..... roll20, pull your heads out, sheet TYPES would be much better in the long run for everyone, especially in games where there is such a huge variety of cast/crew
I can definitely see this as a useful tool.  Definitely for games set in WoD.  Like Dante said, each sheet is different for each of the various character types.  being able to have multiple sheets would be awesome.   I have used it for Star Wars D6 rules and it would be nice to have vehicle and ship sheets separate from the character sheets. I mostly play AD&D and even for that it would nice to have a legitimate monster sheet instead of a tab on a player sheet.  
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Paul W. said: multiple sheets would be AMAZING!!! why would they want to limit their paying customers in such a simple thing? especially when you do so much for the sheets as it is..... roll20, pull your heads out, sheet TYPES would be much better in the long run for everyone, especially in games where there is such a huge variety of cast/crew Exactly Paul, as a developer I can think of so many ways to build this. It should be relatively easy to manage. Lots of different game systems could benefit from this one.
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Clifford M. said: I can definitely see this as a useful tool.  Definitely for games set in WoD.  Like Dante said, each sheet is different for each of the various character types.  being able to have multiple sheets would be awesome.   I have used it for Star Wars D6 rules and it would be nice to have vehicle and ship sheets separate from the character sheets. I mostly play AD&D and even for that it would nice to have a legitimate monster sheet instead of a tab on a player sheet.   Yes Cliff some game systems actually can not work without multiple sheets, so DM/GM/ST/Keeper has to come up with other ways of doing this. And I also think games like Star Wars, Shadow Run, Renegade Legion, D&D, White Wolf/World of Darkness would benefit greatly from this.
Some games? If you want stated NPC or play Darksun or just to have them. I agree with this msj

Edited 1593547172
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Nice to see some momentum on this, if you know other peoples in Roll20 community that DM/GM/ST/etc please ask them to come give this an upvote. Remember we have to aim for at least 200 votes before Roll20 team will look at this. And I know in past there has been a few similar threats started that all ran dead.

Edited 1593552989
Gold
Forum Champion
I need this feature. It's to be able to use the 5E and Pathfinder modules (with the monsters that you pay for), and yet to use a Children's or Basic (Simplified) or Visually Accessible or Open Source character sheet. As more people play games outside of D&amp;D, Roll20 can continue to sell the 5E adventure products that would be compatible, only if the game table can support a secondary, different character sheet. Is this thread the same idea as another that has +50 votes also? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7926666/more-than-1-character-sheet-template" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7926666/more-than-1-character-sheet-template</a> +1 to both, FWIW
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Gold said: Is this thread the same idea as another that has +50 votes also? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7926666/more-than-1-character-sheet-template" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7926666/more-than-1-character-sheet-template</a> +1 to both, FWIW I gave that one also a +1 not sure why people start new threads for same issue
Absolutely +1 Alex
Im all for it +1 Alex....however is the proper place to vote?
+1 from me. Right now I have two games created for my Traveller Campaign. One for the characters with a "character" character sheet and one for space battles with a "ship" character sheet. It would be great if the players didn't have to switch between games.
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Terry P. said: +1 from me. Right now I have two games created for my Traveller Campaign. One for the characters with a "character" character sheet and one for space battles with a "ship" character sheet. It would be great if the players didn't have to switch between games. Yes there are a few games that really need multiple sheets to truly work. And I am not sure why it is such a big thing for Roll20 Dev team to implement.
+1. I hope this would lead the way to API UI, as that is something that is also VERY needed.
Rago
Pro
I didn't knew about this post here and I ended up making one too. Take my vote!
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Rago said: I didn't knew about this post here and I ended up making one too. Take my vote! no worries :) we just need to try get counts up so we can get it resolved
Gold
Forum Champion
I noticed some other Suggestions in the Suggestions forum, have a bright red "Character Sheets" tag on the subject line. Can a Mod of Roll20 Team please add the CHARACTER SHEETS tag to this thread? Thanks so much!
Fox
Plus
Gold said: It's to be able to use the 5E and Pathfinder modules (with the monsters that you pay for), and yet to use a Children's or Basic (Simplified) or Visually Accessible or Open Source character sheet. Me too, very much so! I was just about to get my young nephews into D&amp;D4e, and had designed them a simple, colourful, postcard-sized sheet based on the pre-made "Encounters" products. Then covid happened and we switched to VTT, and I don't know how to handle going forward with that game because the kids defintely don't have the headspace to process or care about all the stuff on the full-sized sheet :\ Even setting that aside, I'd like to stat up monsters for my regular 4e game as well. Monsters are wonderfully simple in 4e, and I could really use a separate NPC sheet that reflects that, rather than requiring them to have all the extra PC-specific junk. That game also uses special NPCs who are "cohorts", travelling with the party and having special abilities, but not being combat entities. They're almost like magic items in mechanical terms. I'd love to be able to make them sheets too. So yeah big ol +1 forever
It would also be a great feature to add "extra sheets" that incorporate specific mechanics to only those characters that need them - extensive sections for spells for example, that are unnecessary on non-spellcaster characters, oder additional sheets for animals, vehicles etc. of a character.
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Rondragos said: It would also be a great feature to add "extra sheets" that incorporate specific mechanics to only those characters that need them - extensive sections for spells for example, that are unnecessary on non-spellcaster characters, oder additional sheets for animals, vehicles etc. of a character. most definitely, sheets specific to a class. The possibilities become endless if you allow multiple sheets in a game and you use a folder like structure to group sheets belonging to same game system.
Mark G.
KS Backer
Playing Pathfinder 1st Ed, I find the official Roll 20 sheet frustrating in that it has 2 modes, but there are really 3 needed. The PC mode allows the use of a "Buffs and Conditions" to apply bonuses and penalties dynamically. This same functionality would be useful for unique NPCs who don't need a full PC treatment (tracking multiple levels and classes) but don't "share" tokens with other instances -- this is the missing mode. The NPC/Monster mode presents a stat-block based set of parameters, but conditions and buffs cannot be applied to the creature.&nbsp; Aside from that, sheets for Armies, Kingdoms, Rebel Groups, etc. would be useful for specific Adventure Paths. Kingdom-based and Army-based sheet applies beyond the AP as the rules have been generalized.&nbsp;
The Battletech games have 'mechs, tanks, aerospace units, dudes, platoons of infantry, spaceships, starbases, starfighters, seafaring ships, subs, helicopters, superheavy 'mech units with divergent structures, cars, tripedal 'mechs, dropships with multiple sub-layouts, and planets to get stat sheets for, and often you will have battles with many of these elements engaged at once. There is basically no way to run A Time of War or similar without multiple sheets.
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Yes, I did not even think about games like Renegade Legions, Battletech, Mechwarriorm Rifts, ... So many games that do really need multiple sheets. Hexidecimark said: The Battletech games have 'mechs, tanks, aerospace units, dudes, platoons of infantry, spaceships, starbases, starfighters, seafaring ships, subs, helicopters, superheavy 'mech units with divergent structures, cars, tripedal 'mechs, dropships with multiple sub-layouts, and planets to get stat sheets for, and often you will have battles with many of these elements engaged at once. There is basically no way to run A Time of War or similar without multiple sheets.
Take my vote. Take all my votes. I run a crossover Werewolf: the Apocalypse and Mage: the Ascension game with PCs from both, and fomori and all sorts of other things. Not having access to multiple sheets is a serious hindrance to my ability to make heavy use of Roll20.
If you really want this feature, there is another suggestion thread for it with a few more votes (54 vs 41 for this suggestion, at the time of this post). <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7926666/more-than-1-character-sheet-template" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7926666/more-than-1-character-sheet-template</a> Please vote for that one instead. If you voted for this one, please cancel your vote here and move it (and your comments!) to that one. If you voted for both, it's not really helping this feature get added any faster. Dividing the suggestion over two threads just diffuses the focus.
This would be incredibly useful for Organized Play (specifically for Pathfinder), as multiple sheets have popularity.&nbsp; Having to create a brand-new version to play in a specific game is frustrating, and things are growing quickly.

Edited 1596281118
AquaAlex
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Rabulias said: Please vote for that one instead. If you voted for this one, please cancel your vote here and move it (and your comments!) to that one. If you voted for both, it's not really helping this feature get added any faster. Dividing the suggestion over two threads just diffuses the focus. This issue is much older so the new one should never have been created, so maybe cancel your vote there and move it here?
It's not the age that determines developer attention, it's the number of votes, and we are a long way from the 200 that is needed. So yes, we can move all the votes and ideas to this suggestion instead, but it would be easier to move from the one that has fewer votes to the one that has more votes. Doesn't that seem logical?
I'd use this for Party Loot sheet with some handy scripting to track coinage and Give/take/distribute items from the loot pile to PC sheets. I'd only want a different sheet per Journal item, I wouldn't need tabbed sheets for one journal item.