Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Possible Glitch]

Edited 1529212663
Hey guys; Have a possible issue here. One of my characters changed his name on his character sheet, and now we have an issue now where they cannot add their initiative roles to the time tracker, which still displays his old name. I have tried deleting the token and replacing it, no luck there. Any ideas? PrpleWlf
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Hey PrpleWlf, When you roll for initiative, does it display any errors in the chat? Does the problem persist if you try to roll for him? Some additional info that would help: What character sheet are you user? What's the PC's name? After rolling initiative, click the chat box, then press up. Copy/paste the results here.
1. Delete the name from the initiative tracker. 2. Remove the token from the character sheet.  3. Make a new token and change the settings on the token (by right clicking using the menu, make sure its linked to the character sheet), also link to it to the character sheet like normal (same way you removed it). 4. Make sure the player changes the name on both the character sheet and their display name. 5. Make sure the player clicks on token before clicking roll initiative. If all else failed Right Click the token and click Add to Turn Order. It will appear with no initiative and you just add the roll on manually. 
Hey guys; So we're using the standard OGL D&D5e sheet.  i have attempted to delete the token and use the steps as @Vegemite stated, with no success. I have to manually enter it every time, even though no other players have this issue.  Also, there are no errors in the chat - the player can roll initiative without any problems, it simply doesn't add his roll to the turn tracker, and the turn tracker displays the original character name, not the new one.  On a side note, removing the token and replacing it with a completely different token resolved the issue for one use, however the next time i went to add the PC, the same issues as above arose.  Hope this makes sense; PrpleWlf
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
After rolling initiative, click the chat box, then press up. Copy/paste the results here.