Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Mobile Devices and Roll20

So, I have a phone, and a tablet. I have a browser for my phone, and the app for my tablet. I decided to pay for the subscription, and the app is worthless. I tried doing... anything... on my phone and I can't scroll menus or create a map. So I find myself wondering, why am I paying for a subscription for a service that does not work on my devices? Mind you, if I could use a laptop or desktop, I would use it, roll20 works splendidly on those, but I am stuck with a tablet and a phone, so the only way I can roll20 is to pay 5 a month minimum. Am I doing something wrong?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Roll20 specifically states that phones are not supported on their "Table on Tablet" experience, nor is there any plan to: Do be advised that it is optimized for tablet, not phones, and we have no plans to attempt phone support. Is there a tablet-specific problem you are having? I've tried using it on tablet and wouldn't try gaming on one if a desk- or laptop were available. The page I linked has stuff that may or may not be helpful to you, but unfortunately, the desktop experience is likely always going to be better. If there are specific issues, someone here might also have encountered them and have hints or tips to solve them.

Edited 1529260623
Okay, so, taking that statement, and fixing my post to remove all instances of 'phone', please explain why i am still having trouble using my tablet. I have had no issue using my old desktop before I lost use of it, and I am well versed in tablet usage. It is like pulling teeth, and if it is optimized for tablet use, why does it feel user hostile? The scroll space is too small, the icons are too sensitive, and the map screen itself is nearly impossible to manipulate without messing up a project or effort. Also, just went back through and read everything again, i am just frustrated that it feels like I spent money for nothing. I do apologize if I came across as rude. That being said, I went through a browser on my tablet. This is where my complaints come from, even on a tablet, it feels like it is still optimized for a computer, and i can understand that it isn't a simple matter to make changes, though one I think that would make a world of difference would be press-and-hold equals click, rather than a standard touch. I won't pretend to know how this is done, nor will I expect it to be done. All I can say, is that after a few moments of dealing with it, the U.I. for a desktop version is not suitable for a touch screen version.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I agree. I don't think that tablet experience will ever match desktop/laptop experience. The interfaces are not a good fit (it would likely require an entirely new interface.) You could try a different browser and see if that might solve some problems, but I doubt it. The best thing to do is what you are doing: inquire of other users on the forum for their experiences, workarounds and tips. Hopefully, you can make this into something that will work for you. Fortunately, a $5 investment is probably not that drastic. You could always try emailing <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> if you feel it's not living up to your expectations.
Hi Daemithus, Sorry to hear you are having such troubles with the tablet version! If you could email us at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> we will try to see if we can't get things sorted for you. Thank you!