Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(LFP) DM EST DD5e Applications for Homebrew Campaign

Hello and good tidings friends! I hope this finds you in good spirits. I currently run a 5e campaign on Thursday nights with a group of 4/5 players in my homebrew world of Kar-ash. Kar-ash is my ever evolving world eight years in the making. This current campaign has exceeded 30 or more sessions with current players at level ten. I am not advertising to join this group nor to remove my current group. I am actually looking for a entire new group to run a second linear timeline within their story.  About Me as a DM I have played a few different RPGs over the years from 5e, Numenera, and Star Wars saga. I have played live tabletop and online with VoIP.  I am a married middle aged male that understands family time is important and what responsibility is. Sessions last between 2-3 hours and I put thought into it beforehand so the gameplay is enjoyable and progressive. I start sessions after work hours during the week most the time around 7:30PM EST. My world is open and I do not railroad you in anyway other then offering you quests you may or may not wish to fulfill. I understand and obey 90% of the 5e rule set but I do not make it a goal to remember the DMG by heart. Session combat vs roleplay is a loaded question. That really depends on the players and current objectives. I will say this though, I try to avoid useless combat when possible. Every fight should be memorable and dynamic. Also I enjoy handouts so quests are done on handouts. Personal quests along with group quests are available for exp. What am I looking for?     Simply put someone who enjoys immersing themselves in a new world. A player who understands what a RPG is really about. It is not just the grind of levels, attaining wondrous items and then fighting a mega boss battle. No but rather, to explore the world, your character and see the places he/she will go. What are the goals he or she will have and even the feelings of the ups or downs they may suffer along the journey. So you don't know the whole player handbook? Who cares! Do you know how a paladin dragonborn would feel? Perfect! I am not looking for veterans or newbies rather chemistry of people who truly enjoy a good RPG. D&D Beyond Official Races Only No Multiclassing Xanathar's Guide Ok EST Day will be one of the following Monday, Tuesday, Sunday Campaign length 4-8 sessions Voice Acting a Plus Video (Preferred) Established Group a Plus Ideal group size 4/5 If you are interested please send me a Private message on Roll20 or Discord Ridiric#5357. Below I will post a template for applications. Please attach that to your message. I will decide by the end of June what day we play on and most likely start the campaign in early July. Here is the map of the world of Kar-Ash to wet your appetite. More info will become available when selected. Thank you for your time and may the winds follow you werever you may go. Application Discord# Race and Class: Description of Character: Why do you think you will like this game? What is your experience in DD5e? What questions do you have for me? When are you available? What aspects of a RPG do you enjoy most?
Good Evening. I enjoyed reading your application. You have really hashed out a description and given it some thought. Your character is intriguing and I respect your answers. I will see how the process goes and let you know a day and time for session 0.