Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Preparing campaign for marketplace - ?

Hi there, I wasn't sure if this belongs here or on marketplace forum but I would like to know how it works when preparing a campaign for sale on the marketplace. I need to strip out hundreds of images not suitable for commercial use, but these would remain in the library even if not attached to any handouts or tokens anymore? Does this library also transfer into the final module/campaign for sale or not? How have others done it - is it better to assemble all from scratch in a new blank campaign? Thanks.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Moved to the marketplace forum.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Only the content in the pages (maps) and each of the tabs to the right of the image library tab is included in the add-on/module. Your library is a central repository across all of your games. Only the library content that is in a page, handout, character, rollable table, etc. is included in the marketplace content.
Outstanding. Thanks Brian, for a very clear and detailed reply.

Edited 1529337023
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Just a BIG heads up, with Modules and Add-ons, the very first original Landing Page needs to be untouched or things will break. So if you have any maps, items, or anything on the first original Landing Page, or if you deleted it, you will encounter issues when releasing your Module. I know Halfling Gypsy... errr... Halfling Caravan... errr... Andrew! He will know more about this and why. Maybe he will pop in and explain more about it! Hope that helps!
I very much appreciate the tips. Expecting there to be a lot of potential pitfalls along the way! It's quite a pity that the first page needs to be so, since it would have been nice to put a title image there and maybe a Play on Load jukebox tune that acts as a theme song.

Edited 1529346331
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Munky said: Just a BIG heads up, with Modules and Add-ons, the very first original Landing Page needs to be untouched or things will break. So if you have any maps, items, or anything on the first original Landing Page, or if you deleted it, you will encounter issues when releasing your Module. I know Halfling Gypsy... errr... Halfling Caravan... errr... Andrew! He will know more about this and why. Maybe he will pop in and explain more about it! Hope that helps! Hm, this has not been my experience (although I have only done add-ons). I always do a landing page with a full-page title page. I guess this is because add-ons don't really have a landing page as the landing page is created when the creator creates the game. The add-on is then added later.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Anton, I'm the guinea pig who originally broke Add-Ons. The main tricks are... DON'T touch the Start Page, put everything in its own folder. Do those two things and it will probably be okay. There was a technical thing in the past (don't know if it is still there) where deleting the original start page would screw up something in the code that drops an Add-On onto an existing game. For Modules, you can do almost whatever you want. It won't matter there.

Edited 1529493195
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Andrew C said: Anton, I'm the guinea pig who originally broke Add-Ons. The main tricks are... DON'T touch the Start Page, put everything in its own folder. Do those two things and it will probably be okay. There was a technical thing in the past (don't know if it is still there) where deleting the original start page would screw up something in the code that drops an Add-On onto an existing game. For Modules, you can do almost whatever you want. It won't matter there. My guess is that it is not an issue any more. I just created a new game and added The Scouring of Gate Pass (which has a modified start page) without problems. I then added the War of the Burning Sky Campaign and Player's Guides (which had the start page removed) and had no problems. I agree with putting everything in its own folder. It makes organisation a lot better when someone drops the add-on into their game.
Thanks for the heads-up Andrew. While we hope the issue is resolved, I might err on the side of caution.
Dean
Roll20 Team
The start page issue has been resolved :)
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Dean said: The start page issue has been resolved :) Woot.